HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Job Number: 20-04490
Start your career in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an HR Business Partner for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Develop an efficient and effective organisation, through partnership with senior stakeholders, where maximising performance and engagement is central to all interactions
- Partner with the relevant senior managers, business heads, functional heads and stakeholders to drive and enable sustainable business performance
- Manage, interpret and create (as required) people processes (performance, reward, resourcing, organization design and talent) to ensure levels of capabilities and performance satisfy current and future requirements of the business
- Formulate and deliver the Americas Country People agenda for Technology + Innovation and Operations, ensuring alignment with the Technology + Innovation and Operations Global People Agendas
- Drive the Americas Diversity + Inclusion Plan ensuring alignment with the Global Diversity + Inclusion Strategy as part of the Americas Diversity + Inclusion Council
- Proactively form credible relationships with relevant stakeholders to influence relevant decision-making
- Accountable for supporting, engaging with and coaching relevant stakeholders in ensuring configuration and deployment of people policies, processes and products to drive business performance and engagement
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to help drive Global, Country or Technology + Innovation and Operations specific change initiatives with stakeholders and wider teams
- Proactively partner with stakeholders to promote and role model a culture of inclusion
- Drive, coordinate and thoughtfully implement, through the creation of change management plans, ad hoc projects and deliverables that relate to Group and Country Human Resources and Technology + Innovation and Operations
- Drive Country wide performance and measurement requirements to support business deliverables
- Create and lead Country People Forums for Technology + Innovation and Operations, in line with business needs
- Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on all people related matters (P3, Talent Management, Immigration and Mobility) to drive consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at regional/country level.
- Represent and champion HR in all interactions with business stakeholders, and in turn represent the Technology + Innovation and Operations agenda and priorities to the wider HR Community as well as provide insight and context into global HR product and process design and development
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or advice, guidance and support on HR matters, ensuring alignment to the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite
- Identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, processes, structures, mindsets and behaviours to deliver to the Technology + Innovation and Operations strategies
- Partner with Europe HRBP, Technology + Innovation and Operations to ensure alignment and consistent approaches in all organization design, change initiatives and people related matters across the region
- Foster the Banks Manifesto and create and implement initiatives to change mindset and drive a performance culture
- Manage the HR Live initiative, ensuring delivery of relevant, interactive programs, in line with the Americas HR Agenda, which are intended to drive mindset change, open perspectives and be informational
- Continuously improve the operations efficiency and effectiveness of processes (P3, talent management, recruitment) as they relate to Technology + Innovation and Operations Americas and the HR Function
- Use judgement and human touch to ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations
- Continuously analyse data (including spans and layers, attrition, diversity, hiring) and relevant operating models to assess effectiveness, diversity + inclusion, and ensure alignment with the overall business strategy, partnering with stakeholders to drive change where applicable
- People and Talent:
- Lead the Technology + Innovation and Operations Americas teams in delivering HR specific projects and deliverables in support of the Technology + Innovation and Operations scorecards
- Lead by example in building the appropriate culture and values, using effective leadership, coaching and engagement
- Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst the team and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners
- Develop and embed a high performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity
- Develop talent to ensure a high quality succession pipeline at all levels and sponsor ongoing development activities that focus on the identified high performing and high potential individuals within the business
- Focus on cross regional and global talent opportunities and pipelines
- Manage risks and exceptions with the most senior population (managing director level)
- Risk Management:
- Understand the risk and control environment in HR's area of responsibility, driving rectification, as required
- Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile of Technology + Innovation and Operations, including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards
- Co-ordinate global and major thematic risk & control responses within Technology + Innovation and Operations as part of the global process
- Provide oversight of complex employee relations issues involving senior people, significant litigation, and high profile or broad business issues
- Support the effective implementation of the Risk Management framework within the role remit
- Ensure effective processes are in place to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
- Embed the Group's valued behaviours and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with relevant audit/monitor/regulatory report findings across Technology + Innovation and Operations and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
- On a rotational basis, represent Americas HRBPs and business/functions people related operational risk matters at HR Functional Operational Risk Committee (HRFORF).
- Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Client. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Effectively partner with and challenge and influence business leaders to deliver the right outcomes on people related decisions, focusing on key agenda items such as Diversity & Inclusion and Wellbeing.
- Identify areas for improvement in HR processes, providing feedback and escalating issues where appropriate to relevant COEs to enhance client experience and improve productivity within HR.
- Understand and help manage the people- related risk profile of the Americas / relevant business coverage portfolio, including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct, as it related to role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standard of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations form part of the culture within the Americas/ relevant business coverage portfolio.
- Identify, prioritise and develop organisational capabilities and behaviours to build a workforce that is future-ready.
- Degree or Professional Qualification
- Desirable Professional certifications in HR
- Desirable Membership with professional associations
If interested, you may contact:
Adrian Miranda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.