Hadoop Data Engineer
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a/an Hadoop Data Engineerfor our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls
- The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams and the GIS master plan
- GIS is actively seeking for a Hadoop Data Engineer to help build new data pipelines, identify existing data gaps and provide automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications supporting the operations team
- This individual will be responsible for obtaining data from the System of Record and establishing real-time data feed to provide analysis in an automated fashion
- Each work effort will be aligned to a CSO goal to derive better insight into current data gaps, automate existing functionality and deliver data to downstream applications.
- As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols
- Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems
- Experience working in Hadoop / Big Data 2-3 years +
- Working experience on tools like Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc
- Hands on programming experience (perhaps one of these) in Java, Scala, Python, or Shell Scripting
- Experience in end to end design and build process of Near-Real time and Batch Data Pipelines
- Strong experience with SQL and Data modelling
- Experience working in Agile development process and has good understanding of various phases of Software Development Life Cycle make consistent bullet point across Dev reqs
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc. - make consistent bullet point across Dev reqs
- Deep understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and strong conceptual knowledge in Hadoop architecture components
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision. Ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to comprehend customer requests & provide the correct solution
- Strong analytical mind to help solve complicated problems
- Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issue
- Typically 5-7 years of IT experience
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.