Greenhouse Technician - Plant Sampling and Maintenance
Greenhouse Technician - Plant Sampling & Maintenance
Job Number: 20-06590
Job Number: 20-06590
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Greenhouse Technician - Plant Sampling & Maintenance for our client in Memphis, TN. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Will work inside/outside the greenhouse to support Trait Introgression initiatives by performing the following duties:
- Sampling genetically engineered plant tissue for DNA and Protein testing in search of desired traits.
- Planting engineered cotton seeds and maintaining suitable conditions for proper growth.
- Preparing buffer solution to extract protein from cotton leaf.
- Assisting in plant selection, transplanting, plant placement, and plant care.
- Must work very well with others, pay attention to detail.
- Each plant care team member will be assigned greenhouses to monitor and maintain cotton trait introgression production plants.
- This will include, but not be limited to: water monitoring, cleaning, hanging harvest bags and harvesting, fertilizing, pruning, crossing, re-clipping and stringing plants, and trashing.
- The environment can be very hot.
- This position is an important role at site.
- Will be working in a team setting but also independently.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Rachelle Daylo | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.