Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate Sourcing Associate
Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate
Job Number: 21-15064
Job Number: 21-15064
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate for our client in Phoenix, AZ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Client is seeking to recruit a Services Sourcing Associate (Contractor) located at the Phoenix manufacturing facility based in the USA.
- Reporting to the Associate Director, Site Procurement Lead.
- The Services Sourcing Associate will lead the local sourcing efforts for Services and Capital/Engineering related activities corresponding to the Phoenix Expansion Project.
- This position will maintain strong alignment to the Phoenix Expansion Project strategy and initiatives, support the business with close partnership with the site Phoenix Expansion Project leadership team (PLT), and engage closely with any appropriate sister sites within the GPS network to ensure best value for individual site and network.
- The Services Sourcing Associate must display excellent communication skills to all internal stakeholders, senior leadership, and suppliers.
- Maintain continuity of current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) of Indirect materials & services supply (specific to Services) for manufacturing operations at the Phoenix facility by managing suppliers and engaging with site stakeholders as well as global teams.
- Manage procure to pay transactions, enforce policies & internal controls, and provide support for end-users in addition to managing vendor relationships and interactions.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders within the Business Units, Procurement, Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments along with other Finance/Admin functions to ensure a seamless customer service.
- Negotiate deliveries/terms with suppliers and escalate as needed through Procurement when deliveries are not aligned to support tech transfer needs & timing.
- Investigate, resolve, and record problems such as invoice discrepancies, damages and quality issue investigations.
- Ensure pricing, quantity, and compliance information related to preferred supplier/vendor, and communicate with suppliers and site personnel as needed.
- Achieve and exceed metrics including value beyond savings, savings avoidance, reduction in cost and invoicing compliance.
- Lead Regional sub-category strategy development and execution in conjunction with relevant category lead.
- Lead annual budget process for the site operations, working closely with category leaders, site finance, site engineering, general management, and GP finance with right first time standards.
- Identify local suppliers & best practices, and ensure local perspective inclusion in larger global initiative.
- Ensure alignment with globally set policies and overlapping flow-charts for all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain timely control of documents and data to assure ensure retention of records and audit compliance/governance.
- Develop effective relationships with key suppliers in a way that builds mutual respect, trust, and drives performance in a manner consistent with the Client pledge.
- Work with department heads to identify new opportunities and involve Procurement for overall strategy alignment while seeking ways to improve overall service performance.
- Provide Supplier Diversity vision and strategic direction for the site
- Engage in daily contacts with General Managers, Phoenix Expansion Program Managers, Site Department Heads, and Central Sourcing
- Engage in frequent contact with Suppliers, Global Procurement Category Leaders and Supplier Diversity Leaders
- Maintain contact with Site/HQ Finance as required
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and/or Planning, CPM/CPIM/CPSM preferred. Experience with indirect procurement preferred.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and must be able to communicate to multiple levels within the company and at suppliers.
- The ideal candidate is highly experienced in SAP/Ariba Procurement module. Additional experience in Indirect categories and CAPEX execution strongly preferred.
- Previous experience collaborating cross-functionally and implementing efficiency improvements in ERP systems.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Procurement skills such as developing relationships with suppliers, expediting, prioritizing and negotiating deliveries, analysing, and reporting on supplier performance.
- Positive, collaborative approach to problem solving. Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work cross-functionally as a critical member of the site team.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skillset.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from senior management.
- Proactive, creative and analytic approach to continuous improvement in delivering procurement services and identifying new opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills using sound sourcing principles and a fact-based approach. Strong understanding of category specific business operational processes, procedures, workflows.
- Able to work with people in diversified environments (cultures, functions, unique reporting relationships).
- Understanding of the methodology, process, and guidelines for conducting & implementing an efficient/effective indirect sourcing project
- Understanding of systems and their implications to the operation and strategic impact on the business.
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.