Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate Sourcing Associate
Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate
Job Number: 21-14593
Job Number: 21-14593
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Global Procurement - Sourcing Associate for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Facilitating, redlining, and negotiation within parameters permitted by Client’ Contract Law Support team
- Collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including CLS, Sourcing Excellence, Business Partnering & Strategy, Global Process Owners, and other important cross-functional teams
- Manage escalations in the contract facilitation process
- Streamlining and creating efficiency in contracting and legal escalation process for SE
- Conduct contract facilitation process for complex contracts:
- Complete any required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
- Execute contracts in a timely method with appropriate legal support to ensure compliance with company standards
- Perform appropriate due diligence by assessing risk mitigating options, and identifying business issues
- Ensure appropriate written guidelines are followed and/or SME input is obtained throughout the process (e.g., privacy, finance, international and domestic taxation, customs and trade, information security, systems quality, software asset management, and other SMEs)
- Ensure key agreements and contracts are reviewed by peers and superiors to protect and advance the company’s interest
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enable the procurement contracting process and ensure excellence in contract management:
- Identify points of escalation for Sourcing Excellence (‘SE’) to interface with Strategy, Process & Capabilities, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Compliance, Audit, etc.,) regarding contracting and Procurement policy and related operational questions
- Review key agreements and contracts reviewed to protect and advance the company’s interests
- Work within the Five Ways of Working among between SE and CLS.
- Lead initiatives towards an industry-leading contracting capability within Strategic Sourcing & Procurement:
- Participate in training to provide opportunities for professional development and further expansion of contracting skillsets
- Ensure thresholds and collaboration between Business, Legal, and other involved parties are clear and well communicated
- Partner with functional / regional category teams to maintain effective contracting procedures and ensure adherence to regional/global category strategies
- Collaborate with Global Process Owners
- Understand business requirements and translate them into effectively leading sourcing projects (including RFx’s) and contracting:
- Lead and manage the full RFx process from RFx development through contract execution.
- Leads in the development and evaluation of supplier Requests for Information/Proposal/Solution (RFx’s) including ensuring comprehensive requirements and specifications, pricing models and contract terms are included.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas etc.), SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial experience
- Organization — Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various departments, and organize complex information.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking — Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must possess initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attitude & Teamwork– Projects confidence tempered with humility. Must be a team player willing both to steer the team towards success and to fully support the team when others are steering.
- Problem Sensitivity —Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizes there is a problem and escalates or informs the resources who can address the problem.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Analyzing Data, Drawing Conclusions and Making Decisions/recommendations — Analyzes information and evaluates results to draw conclusions, make data driven decisions and develop actionable recommendations for business units
- Communication – Shares and collects information, exchanges ideas and openly explores perspectives, and adjusts style and content to each person, audience and circumstance
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with focus on contract law, or experienced paralegal
- 6-8 years of relevant experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement / business contracts, procurement negotiations (preferably in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industries [or other regulated industries])
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or global teams of contracting and / or procurement professionals and in establishing performance expectations
- Other Relevant Experience: internal stakeholder management, data/information management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPM, CPIM)
- 4 years of Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations (e.g., ISM)
- Experience in procurement
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Paul Quibuyen | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.