GIS Network Engineer
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a GIS Network Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The GIS Network Engineerwill work with related software and programs to create, migrate, maintain data and/or maps that can be combined with geographically reference data. Ericsson GIS Software has the capacity to inventory and relate different types of network and telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Review, generate, revise, and update land maps using GIS, and/or GIS platforms.
- Create and perform the Data Conversion of Client's existing Telecommunication and Data Network infrastructure.
- Perform the Data Migration of the supporting network infrastructure such as the manhole, service box, vaults, poles, towers, building, trenches, vaults, and conduits.
- Perform the Data Migration of the Outside Plant (OSP) fiber cable, inner ducts, and cable splice.
- Perform the Data Migration of the Inside Plant (ISP) fiber cable, cable risers, floor plan, room layout, cabinet/relay rack layout, telecommunication and network equipment rack elevation,
- Perform the Data Migration of network equipment connectivity.
- Perform the Data Migration of Client's telecommunication Circuit Layout Records (CLR).
- Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
- Generate reports and mapping using the GIS database system.
- GIS experience (ESRI ArcGIS and Ericsson Network Engineer Map Based GIS preferred)
- The ideal candidate will possess previous experience working in GIS, or AutoCAD.
- Telecommunication drafting / mapping is a plus.
- Working knowledge on Mapping of underground and aerial telecommunication infrastructure.
- Working knowledge on Telecommunication network and connectivity infrastructure.
- Must be able to read and understand underground/aerial schematic diagram, telecommunication network connectivity and Circuit Layout Records.
- Geography - Knowledge of various methods for describing the location and distribution of land, sea, and air masses including their physical locations, relationships, and characteristics.
- Communication, Written, Oral, and Cartographic - The ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
- Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
- Information Gathering - Knowing how to find information and identify essential information, and validate the information.
- Information Ordering - The ability to correctly follow a given rule or set of rules in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
- Systems Evaluation - Looking at many indicators of system performance, taking into account their accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to maintain existing databases and database integrity
- Self starter with ability to learn quickly, and also be able to get required information from all sources including other personnel, records, Internet in order to migrate information into Ericcson ENE.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Henry Zuniga at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.