Job Number: 20-10118
Job Number: 20-10118
Be at the forefront of innovation. Eclaro is looking for a General Supervisor for our client in Rockville, MD.
Eclaro’s client is a prestigious research university. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The general supervisor, working under the direction of the laboratory director and supervision of the technical supervisor, provides day-to-day supervision of personnel performing high volume, high complexity testing and reporting of test results.
- In the absence of the director and technical supervisor, the general supervisor must be responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and reporting of test results.
- Work Interactions:
- Supervision of testing personnel (usually five or less individuals).
- Position reports directly to Technical Supervisor.
- Communicates via telephone, email, letters and forms, face-to-face, and in other electronic formats with internal and external staff and partnering agencies.
- The supervisor:
- Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems;
- Is responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control activities in their section, ensuring that the laboratory meets the requirement of regulatory agencies
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
- Providing orientation to all testing personnel; and
- Annually evaluate and document the performance of all testing person
- Perform testing when routine testing personnel are not able to meet capacity and turn-around times.
- Meet HIPAA requirements for the protection of health information and personal identifying information
- Practical Experience: One year minimum experience with supervising laboratory staff.
- Two years' in laboratory setting with experience in the use of molecular biology techniques while working in biosafety level two conditions
- Experience in high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory would be preferred.
- Technical Qualifications:
- Attention to detail, ability to manage high volume workflow, and advanced organizational skills.
- The general supervisor must accommodate multiple competing demands simultaneously, and cope with mental rigors inherent to high volume clinical screening tasks.
- Good computer skills.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Melissa Francisco | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.