FX Support Engineer
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a FX Support Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Leads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results.
- Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technical environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
- Participates with Technology management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area.
- Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests.
- Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the support delivery process. employees in this job code do not manage people.
- Responsible for providing end-to-end support to all applications used by Sales, Trading and their support services in the FX business. The team supports a fast growing electronic business operating in true partnership with our Front Office stakeholders. The role is high profile as it has a direct impact on the firm's revenue generating abilities.
- Acts as the first point of support for application incidents
- Builds a strong relationship with the Application Development Team
- Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
- Highlights functionality issues to developers
- Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
- Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
- Raise defect reports to the development team for code amendment
- Maintains a knowledge base of known defects and issues, process, techniques
Client Relationship Management:
- Clearly understands client's business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit client's current and future needs
- Communicates status with end users at all times
- Contributes to continuous improvement
- Proactively supports knowledge sharing
- Is responsible for tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions:
- Report fixing/custom report generating
- Advanced user configuration options
- Support and use of advanced application functions at request of users
- Read access to application code
- Read access to Production environment
- Access to debug information in Production
- Break-glass access to edit application data
- No ability to change application code.
- Participation in rotation to ensure adequate coverage across all desks. Current hours of coverage provided by the team are from 07:00 until 19:00 Mon-Fri.
- •Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests.
- There will be on-call support on Saturday every 5 weeks, and on-site support on Sundays once a month.
- Knowledge FX markets and the mainstream products in use.
- Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems.
- Exposure to Market Data Technologies such as Tibco RV, Reuters, RMDS
- Confidence when dealing with internal user base (Sales & Trading)
- Client relationship/service management experience
- ITIL understanding
Personal Attributes Required:
- Proactive, able to multi-task and work on own initiative
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
- Able to prioritize continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Problem solving skills both technical and business related.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of FIX API configuration and / database queries / FIX log analysis
- Experience of dealing directly with hedge fund and/or institutional clients
- Knowledge of Multi-bank FX vendor platforms
Interested in applying?
Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.