Job Number: 21-14569
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking Fuel Buyer for our client in White Plains, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Primarily responsible for scheduling/nominating natural gas deliveries in a timely and reliable manner in order to help ensure the successful operation and dispatch of client's fossil fueled generating facilities.
- Will assist with purchasing & scheduling of natural gas at the city-gate and production areas for client's fossil fueled generating facilities in a cost effective and reliable manner up to pre-approved limits using client's competitive bidding process.
- Assist with scheduling gas and manage fuel supplies and deliveries, inventory, transportation and in balancing assets.
- Developing short & long term fuel supply and inventory management strategies and monitoring market conditions and other variables which influence pricing, availability and security of supply.
- Support negotiating and awarding fuel supply and relative contracts and in administering agreements to ensure parties compliance with terms and conditions.
- Support the approval and month-end accrual process and perform related accounting functions.
- Provide assistance in resolving vendor billing disputes, as required, in collaboration with internal/ external stakeholders and senior level fuel buyers.
- Perform economic evaluations and financial analyses as directed by senior level fuel buyers and/or management.
- Basic knowledge of the natural gas and oil industries and commodity markets, including the fuel procurement and competitive bidding process.
- Understanding of the natural gas transportation infrastructure at the interstate and local levels, including applicable pipeline tariff provisions.
- Knowledge of fuel supply, transportation and related contracts and daily/ monthly fuel supply arrangements.
- Understanding of power plant operations and dispatch, including general familiarity with the client market.
- Basic familiarity with the fuel purchasing, inventory and fuel management planning and strategy process.
- Ability to develop and work with financial spread sheets, perform economic/ financial analyses and assist with budget process.
- Understanding of accounting systems/ methods, including vendor invoicing process.
- Ability to work independently with a moderate level of supervision/oversight, depending upon the work area/assignment.
- Ability to resolve simple to moderately complex problems having multiple solutions.
- Understanding of the economic impact of decisions.
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Basic negotiating skills are desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be thorough, analytical, and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Eileen Sares | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.