Front End Engineer
Front End Engineer
JobDiva # 20-09199
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Front End Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Front End Engineercollaborates with both users and stakeholders to renovate or update the user interface of an existing website/mobile application or develop ideas for a new user interface for a website/mobile application.
- The Front End Engineer must understand the content a site will contain and help to develop a plan for structuring and presenting that content throughout the site.
- Responsible for implementing both visual and interactive elements that users engage with when using a web application
- Role includes the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the web application
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Validate all user input before submitting to back-end
- Ensure the UI/UX designs are technically feasible
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimpor Photoshop is a plus
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of client business team members, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to deliver solutions that benefit client requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit client overall
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures
- Share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years professional experience or high school diploma / GED with 5+ year work experience
- Degree specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related focus is a plus
- Experience developing user interfaces leveraging HTML5 and CSS3 elements
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS, SASS) and style libraries (Bootstrap 3/4)
- Experience with modern build tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- Experience converting prototypes from design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, InVision) to functional, performant code
- Fluent in writing comprehensive test suites (e.g. unit, snapshot, integration, end-to-end)
- Inspired by combining the art of design with the art of programming
- Ability to synthesize customer requirements, collaborate with designers and navigate the ever more complex
- CSS standards to produce elegant, responsive and functional user interfaces
- Develop user interfaces that reflect both the client's requirements and the design team's intent
- Passionate about problem solving
- Demonstrates the value in taking an iterative and agile approach
- Has a strong sense of ownership for good work and is not afraid to speak up
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative
- Able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Al Roper | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity anddoes not discriminate based onRace, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.