Financial Services/Asset Management Tax Manager
JobDiva # 19-10371
Use your skills to find innovative solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Financial Services/Asset Management Tax Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a top global accounting and advisory firm supporting audit, tax and compliance on a global scale. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries
- Tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture, and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements
- Interact closely with assigned tax clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients while managing the client assignments to budget
- Plan, execute, direct and complete assigned client tax projects in a wide variety of industries, including private equity
- Conduct primary and secondary review of partnership income tax returns
- Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements and manage the client's Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts
- Have a proficient working understanding of Sub-chapter K-Partnership taxation
- Direct and monitor the state tax compliance and composite filing activities
- Manage, develop, train and mentor assigned tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for both engagement and year-end performance reviews
- Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development and business development activities
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively
- Consult, collaborate with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvements, and serve as a business adviser to client
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or JD/active law license required
- Seven or more years of current federal tax consulting and/or tax compliance work experience in either a public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, state tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns, is required
- Experience with partnership structuring, entity formation and mergers & acquisitions is preferred
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, is expected
- Strong leadership, business development, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, are preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills are required
- Advanced tax software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies is required
If interested, you may contact:
Merly Villanueva | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.