Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
Job Number: 19-09376
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager for our client in Richmond, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading Financial Industry in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Will be responsible for reinsurance accounting and reporting on US GAAP, Statutory and Chinese GAAP bases, financial analysis of results, and communication of that analysis to segment leadership
- External Reporting – You will be responsible for reporting certain reinsurance activities to external parties and must be able to produce timely reports and maintain relationships with third parties
- Lead Life Reinsurance Projects - As a legacy block, projects are constantly evolving to move to new systems, reinsure old blocks and to improve processes
- Will be able to manage multiple priorities with multiple deadlines, as well as work to promote efficiency through successful project management. Special emphasis will be in managing projects that support reinsurance activities
- Year-End Reporting - You will assist the Senior Manager – Financial Reporting with various GAAP and Statutory year-end reporting requirements and analysis including but not limited to: reviewing/commenting on Statutory Annual Statements, Statutory Audited Financial Statements, and Statutory Management's Discussion & Analysis for the captive reinsurance entities
- Will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, and financial analysis of external reinsurance of clients life insurance companies. This includes, but is not limited to, external reporting of financial results to reinsurance counterparties, managerial analysis of existing reinsurance treaties, monthly and quarterly close, annual statutory reporting and other responsibilities
- Monthly and Quarterly Close - The USLI Controllership team is a key part of the larger client’s close. You will be responsible for reinsurance accounting and reporting on US GAAP, Statutory and Chinese GAAP bases, financial analysis of results, and communication of that analysis to segment leadership.
- BS in Accounting
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting, preferably insurance accounting including in-depth experience with both US GAAP and Statutory Accounting
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting tools including Discoverer, TM1 and the chart of accounts/general ledger
- Life reinsurance accounting and reporting
- Chinese GAAP
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.