Financial Analyst without benefits
Job Number: 21-10519
Job Number: 21-10519
Be at the forefront of innovation. Eclaro is looking for a Financial Analyst for our client in Washington, DC.
Eclaro’s client is a prestigious research university. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for all post-award financial reporting requirements on sponsored projects for specified cost centers; billings on awards; account setup, timely and efficient maintenance, and closeout of sponsored projects.
- The Analyst, under limited direction, researches and interprets applicable regulations, guidelines, and standards, and provides expert advice and oversight to faculty and staff in the administration for sponsored projects; The Analyst will also work on special projects as assigned.
- The Financial Analyst reports directly to the SPFO Manager.
- The Analyst also works daily with Principle Investigators, Grant Managers, Department Administrators, the Office of Sponsored Projects, the Office of Research Services, as well as federal agencies, other government organizations, and private sponsors.
- Sponsored research accounts of total University revenues.
- Financial Analysts handle over 200 active cost centers in multiple departments and processes over 300 financial statements and invoices annually.
- Accurate invoicing and collections directly relates to revenue recognition and ongoing cash position.
- Errors or lateness of reports, invoices, or other transactions can directly result in lost revenue.
- Audit comments and findings are disseminated to all agencies doing business with the University and accordingly, current as well as prospective funding can be impacted.
- Negative findings can and do result in projects not being funded or funding being reduced.
- Fines or fees may result in delinquent or erroneous reporting.
- Failure to comply with Federal regulations can result in various negative impacts to the University. Agency audits that identify unallowable costs or incorrect reporting can result in repayment of funds with fines and interest.
- Financial Reporting – External Reporting:
- Review financial data for legitimacy, accuracy and allowability of charges in compliance with Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), analyze budgetary line items for material deviation and prepare and submit Financial Reports for federal, other-governmental, and privately sponsored projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with departments, reviewing submitted documents and submission of timely reports in accordance with sponsor financial reporting specifications.
- Assist with external audit reviews.
- Responsible for providing financial and project information for awards within assigned areas.
- Financial Accounting and Compliance:
- Review ledger accounts for Sponsored Projects (i.e., identify and correct accounting errors, request budget adjustments, etc.).
- Responsible for reviewing critical award information set up in the financial system.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Office of Research Services (i.e. pre-award offices) of needed budget adjustments or other corrections.
- Provide monthly overdraft reports to departments within policy timelines, and work with departments to clear overdrafts older than 90 days in accordance with Sponsored Accounting Office Overdraft policy and procedures.
- Review expenditures charged to sponsored awards for allowability, allocability, and reasonableness as per sponsors' regulations. Reconcile University Financial records to final reports; assist in resolving collection issues and closing out of awards.
- Request copies of (i.e., technical and invention reports) or prepare final reports (i.e final financial report, invoice or property reports) required on award.
- Customer Service:
- Serve as a resource to faculty, principle investigators, administrators, and finance staff in the administration of sponsored agreements.
- Provide timely and useful responses to inquiries.
- Recommend and/or assist supervisor in designing and presenting training packages tailored to department needs.
- Schedule regular meetings with departments requiring more post award monitoring supervision.
- Follow up on all communications to departments, principle investigators, and sponsors.
- Ensure quality control issues are identified and reported to supervisor.
- Maintain sponsored accounting industry knowledge base.
- Understand and keep current on Federal compliance issues (OMB Uniform Guidance [2 CFR 200] and its predecessors OMB Circulars A-110, A-21, A-133, A-122, PHS guidelines, Federal Demonstration Partnership guidelines, agency-specific guidelines).
- Understand and keep current on other governmental and private sponsor guidelines.
- Understand and keep current on Accounting Standards (FASB, GAAP, etc.)
- Understand and keep current on University policies and procedures.
- Understand and keep current on University financial management systems.
- Participate in Industry activities as assigned (Federal Demonstration Partnership, Council on Governmental Relations, National Council of University Research Administrators, Society of Research Administrators)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Melissa Francisco | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.