Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Job Number: 21-13513
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for our client in Summit, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Specialist applies expert knowledge and experience to contribute to the strategic direction of the function. This individual works independently to complete assignments and takes ownership of small to medium size projects.
- Using strong analytical skills, the incumbent can recognize and solve problems of major scope and complexity, and independently, develop potential solutions and courses of action. This individual represents the work group on multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams and uses established relationships to influence and lead teams and stakeholders with fact-based, business value knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an EHS role in a laboratory/manufacturing setting.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a clean room environment.
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in environmental health and safety, occupational health or industrial hygiene or degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following disciplines: safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, accident investigation, toxicology, public health, chemistry, biological sciences, or engineering.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the preparation of training material.
- Possesses computational skills consistent with the educational requirements of this position.
- Strong accident/incident investigative interview and listening skills.
- Skilled in use of industrial hygiene and safety equipment.
- Having previous learning experiences with various application software will be useful.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards relating to general industry and construction.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective federal, state, and local environmental health and safety operations for the protection of people, property and the environment.
- Gains the trust and respect of employees by offering consistent and credible guidance on EHS related matters.
- Comfortable being a team player and a consensus builder.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal building codes in conjunction with NFPA, OSHA and other basic safety training
- Strong experience with departmental capital and expense budget forecasting and management
- Ability to read, interpret and update engineering drawings relevant to the trade
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent leadership skills that encourages empowerment and ownership within the team and organization. Extremely proficient at writing well formulated emails, notifications and reports. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Strong experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce
- Maintains a high level of multitasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitors tasks/assignments with
- others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, and maintenance management systems.
- Strong knowledge with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of EHS programs
- Perform EHS inspections and follow up in areas of laboratory safety, construction, and life safety codes.
- Identify hazards and initiate necessary corrective actions with those responsible to comply with applicable codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to others.
- Act as a resource within the department in all matters related to Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Aid in managing incident reporting system.
- Conduct JSAs/ Ergonomic Risk Assessments
- Deliver EHS training based on the needs of the business
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring and interpret results.
- Inspect, calibrate and maintain equipment used for quantitative hazard evaluation.
- Prepare reports including observations and monitoring results.
- Perform EHS related data entry
- Maintain EHS related files and documents.
- Assist in the development and delivery of EHS related training.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.