Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Job Number: 21-12701
Job Number: 21-12701
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for our client in Bothell, WA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The primary focus of the Sr. EHS Specialist is to support the EHS programs at our Bothell location which includes the cell therapy manufacturing plant and laboratories.
- The EHS Specialist works directly with the laboratories and manufacturing and serves as an expert regarding general safety, chemical hygiene, biosafety and environmental management to ensure best practices and compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations.
- This position works closely with the EHS Team members on site.
- This position is based at our Juno Manufacturing Plant (Jump) in Bothell, Washington.
- On-call service may be required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in environmental health, industrial hygiene, chemistry, biological sciences or closely related field.
- Experience Minimum of 5 years directly related EHS experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures that apply to the biotech industry.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Preferred Experience: Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with federal, state and local regulatory requirements as well as pharmaceutical industry requirements and standards. Experience in manufacturing or a laboratory setting is preferred.
- Desirable certifications include: CHMM, RBP, CBP, ASP, CSP, CIH, etc
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills. Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using effective and appropriate judgment
- Strong sense of urgency in addition to the ability to prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - orientated on results.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization.
- General Safety will act as a Safety Officer at the site. Ensure compliance to all safety requirements.
- This position will act as the Lead Safety representative at the daily staff meetings.
- Safety Program Work with staff to promote a positive safety culture and ensure compliance to all safety requirements.
- Develop and review site SOPs and procedures.
- Lead safety inspections and other audit programs.
- Prepare and track incident investigations and reports.
- Provide technical assistance to the Safety Committee and EHS team.
- Training Develop and provide EHS training to personnel, including but not limited to new hire employee orientation, chemical safety, and subsequent refresher trainings.
- Maintain records of EHS training.
- Project Support- Provide oversite, support, and tracking of appropriate EHS projects to completion.
- Manage employee hazard reporting program and disperse concerns to appropriate project teams when needed.
- Help support EHS project teams by coaching team leads and ensuring proper escalation of concerns.
- Environmental Promote environmental stewardship within the facility. Assist with the proper collection, storage, and disposal of hazardous wastes onsite.
- Compliance Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal safety, environmental and employee health regulations, guidelines, and all applicable Client policies and procedures.
- Assist with writing internal SOPs and with the integration of Client Directives for Environmental Health, Safety, and Occupational Health programs.
- Provide technical and regulatory EHS guidance for programs including universal waste, biohazardous and hazardous waste, wastewater management, air emissions, hazard communication, biosafety, injury and illness prevention, chemical hygiene, industrial hygiene, lab safety, emergency preparedness, facilities/contractor safety, and pollution prevention.
- Other Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Environmental compliance: Lead in the development of documentation and programs to ensure that waste streams are handled in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. Ensure that all wastes are handled in a way that will not jeopardize employee health or safety.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Develop, implement and maintain EHS policies, procedures, programs, and compliance initiatives that contribute to employee health and safety and maintain compliance with environmental standards.
- Safety Leadership: Lead in the promotion of culture of proactive safety and compliance across the organization and facilitate continuous improvement; drive the development and implementation of an employee training program focused on EHS compliance and best management practices.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for personnel, vendors, contractors through management and training of compliance policies.
- Coordinate and guide external consultants, contractors to assure compliance with corporate standards as well as federal and local regulations; specifically, commission an annual third-party gap assessment and develop required remediation and risk mitigation plans.
- Manage and maintain policies and programs to manage waste streams, comply with permits, investigate events, environmental accounting, air permits and emissions.
- Events, environmental accounting, air permits and emissions.
- Mange industrial hygiene programs and ensure risks of exposure, particularly to hazardous chemicals and biohazardous materials, are mitigated.
- Conduct hazard assessments and risk assessments for processes and equipment.
- When needed, provide design input to ensure equipment and facilities are safely and compliantly designed.
- Ensure compliant record keeping such as OSHA Logs.
- Conduct learning sessions, both electronic and classroom, to inform and update employees regarding critical policies.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.