Enterprise Product Owner
Enterprise Product Owner
Job Number: 21-13495
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for an Enterprise Product Owner for our client in Costa Mesa, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Enterprise Product Owner position is responsible for defining the product roadmap and capabilities for development of an enterprise product and services for all markets and communicating the strategic and tactical goals and objectives for the product, in accordance with business line drivers.
- Creates and implements all strategic initiatives to ensure achievement of company goals for the assigned product. Leads the process of setting business requirements for overall functionality and navigation and ensures the product backlog is created. Primarily responsible for prioritizing the product backlog to achieve the committed business objectives.
- Sample deliverables expected to be produced include:
- Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Prioritized Product Backlog and Acceptance Criteria
- Executable Enterprise Product
- Problem Solving / Decision Making:
- The position maintains the strategic vision with input from key executive stakeholders. Makes critical decisions on project-to-project basis to support shorter term tactical goals. Determines solutions based on the project constraints in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Makes tactical decisions and strategic decisions.
- High level strategic decisions will be discussed with senior management and executive stakeholders in advance.
- Develop, implement, and communicate all strategic initiatives to ensure achievement of company goals for the assigned enterprise product. Responsible for developing innovative and creative solutions that meet existing and emerging market needs, increase the value of current products and/or introduce new product/service opportunities. Utilize trends, developments in the marketplace, and voice of the customer research to shape product and service offerings. Manage the products and programs including research, analysis, proposals, testing and product introduction. (20%)
- Research competitive market for business opportunities and ensure integration of product line with the Club's Client strategy. Develop product initiatives that synergize with other Club programs. Evaluate financial and competitive impacts of potential product features. (15%)
- As a dedicated, co-located member of the product team, communicate product vision, strategy and direction to the product development team. Work with the product team to convert high-level business priorities into the product backlog and user stories. Create acceptance criteria for the product backlog. Develop detailed user stories, which may include some or all the following supplemental information: business process flows, data flows, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams. Prioritize the product backlog. (15%)
- Identify new product opportunities while developing and maintaining the enterprise product roadmap. Determine and direct how strategy fits with overall distribution strategy of the Club. (10%)
- Establish enterprise product goals and objectives. Oversee and evaluate progress against targeted goals, make adjustments, and identify priorities to attain assigned objectives. Lead usability testing and user research as necessary. Draft and manage implementation schedule and work with the product development team to set key milestones and deliverables. (10%)
- Cultivate relationships with external vendors, partners, and development team members in the development of technology products. Produce and deliver executive and stakeholder presentations. (10%)
- Maintain a high level of skill and current knowledge of product line and apply knowledge in proposing and directing the development of enterprise product initiatives. Create a quality assurance (QA) plan and assist with the testing of product prior to launch. (5%)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in marketing, MS & IS, business, management, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 10 or more years of business/process experience in the designated operating unit or function.
- Product management, product development, Agile product owner or related experience for enterprise products or programs preferred.
- Experience with Insurance/Travel/Discount/Automotive/Membership products and operations highly desired.
- Experience leading qualitative and quantitative consumer research preferred.
- Experience converting high-level priorities into product backlog.
- Experience creating acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Experience creating business process flows, data flows, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams.
- Experience facilitating brainstorming/planning sessions.
- Demonstrated experience in project management required.
- Demonstrated experience managing KPIs for enterprise products required.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and/or strategic planning experience required.
- Advanced ability to think strategically and transform strategy into actionable plans required.
- Advanced ability required in defining and leading implementation of new processes.
- Advanced ability to coordinate and control major projects required.
- Superior strategic, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially in assessing consumer/site visitor needs defining a successful online experience that is consistent with the brand.
- Clear understanding of user interface (UI) and the basic principles and design qualities that have been shown to make web applications easier to use.
- Requires moderate ability to compile, analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Advanced organization, planning, and problem resolution skills required.
- Goal-oriented, with ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis and financial forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders, both oral and written, including authorship of product-related documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, and senior executives.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage & develop various products at different stages of development.
- Ability to achieve business results and remain positive and focused on moving forward, regardless of obstacles.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile practices, and possess a learning mindset.
- Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add value and make a difference
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.