Engineering - Research Scientist Research Scientist
Engineering - Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-15229
Job Number: 21-15229
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Engineering - Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Role: The successful candidate will design, manufacture, and characterize Client nanoparticle-based drug delivery formulations containing small molecules, nucleic acids, proteins, and peptides.
- The work is multi-functional and includes formulation design, analytical methods development, physical characterization, experimental design, sample analysis and interpretation of results. The candidate will be expected to bring prior experience in the field and to interact closely with other researchers in the design of Client drug delivery formulations.
- The role could include work in sustained release, high concentration, or other non-nanoparticle formulation challenges.
- This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role in a highly collaborative early development environment.
- Behaviors: We are looking for a creative, self-motivated, science-focused candidate who is eager to work in a team environment with a variety of other scientific disciplines.
- Must have experience with lipid or polymer nanoparticle delivery of siRNA, mRNA or DNA for transfection to mammalian cells or in-vivo models.
- Must have experience in nanoparticle formulation and nanoparticle drug delivery.
- Must have experience in development of methods to analyze and characterize drug product formulations, components, and functionality.
- Experience with alternate pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies homogenization, lyophilization, spray drying, micronization, etc. is a plus.
- Background in the pharmacology of drug delivery or the biology of gene transfection and expression is a plus.
- Experience and technical proficiency with HPLC and other methods for analysis and quantification of small molecules, nucleic acids, proteins, lipids, and polymers is preferred.
- Previous experience and technical proficiency in the physical characterization of nanoparticles, including particle sizing is a plus.
- Familiarity with lab-scale nanoparticle preparation techniques, including microfluidics technology, is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document work and proven record of scientific technical writing.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related discipline with an emphasis in delivery of nucleic acids.
- M.S. or B.S. in similar fields acceptable with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant industrial experience.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Paul Quibuyen | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.