Engineering - Assistant/Associate Scientist Assistant/Associate Scientist
Job Number: 22-00157
Job Number: 22-00157
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist for our client in Summit, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Assistant/Associate Scientist contract position will be in the Downstream Process Development group in Summit, NJ, and be responsible for the development of scalable purification processes, process characterization, Tox material production, and tech transfer to GMP facilities for clinical/commercial manufacturing.
- Requires a BS degree in Chemical/Biochemical engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or experience with downstream process development including chromatography, filtration, AKTA FPLC systems (particularly unicorn software).
- Hands-on lab work in a flexible, fast-paced environment is essential.
- Outstanding critical thinking and organizational skills, lab notebook practices, and attention to details.
- Previous experience in downstream processing is preferred.
- Execute harvest and downstream processing of biologics produced in mammalian cell culture or microbial cell culture.
- Routinely perform protein purification and sample analysis in support of process development of biologics.
- Work collaboratively with other functional groups such as cell line, upstream and analytical development to accomplish project goals and milestones.
- Perform routine lab activities including buffer preparation, column packing and sample submission.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot experimental challenges.
- Detail-oriented tracking and documenting of experimental results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to manager and other team members.
- BS degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.