Engineering - Assistant/Associate Scientist Assistant/Associate Scientist
Job Number: 22-00090
Job Number: 22-00090
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist for our client in Devens, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting analytical activities within Process Development Analytics (PDA) group, which is a part of Client Biologics Process Development (PD).
- The role will involve supporting in-process analytical testing, delivering results within customer and project timelines, assay harmonization activities within the network groups, method troubleshooting, evaluation and qualification of new analytical technologies.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, is a team player, and have experience in Bioanalytical techniques as they apply to Biologics and related process impurities.
- Techniques of interest include Liquid Chromatography, Gel Electrophoresis, Immunoassays (ELISA), and Quantitative PCR.
- A reasonable appreciation of CHO and E. coli based biologics upstream and downstream process development activities is highly desirable.
- This role will be located in Devens, MA. The role will provide Analytical support within PD.
- The candidate will work closely with PDA team members and Process Development to deliver quality analytical data in a timely manner.
- Provide sample analysis support of Biologics Process Development activities. Assays include: separation techniques (Protein A Titer, SEC, CE, iCE) and immunoassays (ELISAs including HCP, residual Protein A and other impurities)
- Follow written scientific methods and experimental protocols
- Documents and report results using electronic documentation and communication systems
- Review analytical results generated by other team members
- Perform data trending, author and review summary reports
- Execute automated methods using Tecan liquid handler (robotic platform)
- Work closely with Process Development teams to support analytical needs
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or a related discipline, with relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry with experience and in-depth working knowledge of Liquid Chromatography (HPLC or UPLC), Empower, and automated liquid handlers is preferred.
- Familiarity with upstream and downstream biologics processing is preferable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups. Deliver analytical results in a timely manner.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.