Director of Application Development
Director of Application Development
Job Number: 19-05664
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Director of Application Development for our client in Brooklyn, NY.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector – giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Director of Application Development will oversee software development operations and drive delivery of complex IT projects.
- We are looking for someone who can provide thought leadership to multiple teams and help to set the overall technical direction and strategies for our agency customers.
- Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, you will deliver on the IT roadmap, ensuring quality and on time delivery.
- This role requires extensive collaboration with business teams, business relationship managers, Enterprise Project Management Office, and other relevant divisions.
- Provide executive leadership to the Enterprise Application Development, CRM Development, UX Design, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance teams (100+ staff total)
- Provide overall IT leadership to ensure timely completion of software projects using Agile, Waterfall and other software development methodologies in close coordination with the Enterprise Project Management Office
- Manage the technical Directors and provide guidance as they lead their teams and set prioritization
- Overall responsibility for full life-cycle application development and delivery of complex product portfolios
- Set scope and delivery expectations with business partners, product teams and customers
- Interface with all division leaders to communicate application development strategies/plans and gain collaborative support
- Remove obstacles, close gaps and manage and mitigate risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and with impeccable quality
- Create and lead the implementation of internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies
- Ensure high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff
- Provide leadership to the quality team and provide quality measurements to leadership team.
- Drive quality initiatives within design and development phase.
- Experience managing technology staff including Software Development and Test Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers, Product management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
- Strong experience in defining automated performance checks as a qualifier gate in CICD pipeline such as GitLab, Spinnaker, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
- Experience working with application security scans, shift-left security and directing test automation (including Load Testing)
- Significant years of progressive leadership experience in software development;
- Progressive years of experience building and managing development teams;
- Executive leadership experience;
- Strong understanding of hardware, networking and cloud solutions;
- Exposure to running Advanced Analytics and Big Data teams;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field;
- An advanced degree is preferred;
- Excellent negotiating and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to agile teams and/or projects simultaneously;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and organize data and summarize findings and develop conclusions and recommendations;
- Ability to thrive in rapidly advancing, changing, and delivery-focused environments;
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines;
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes;
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management;
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goal;
- Experience in Java enterprise programming and Java frameworks; C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby) highly desirable;
- Knowledgeable about Data Engineering / Data Science / Data Analytics;
- Experience with cloud, has participated in a cloud conversion project
- BA/BS and 4 years' experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks, experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.