Director, Accounting Policy
Director, Accounting Policy
Job Number: 20-01011
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for a Director, Accounting Policy for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wid slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Accounting Policy Professional is responsible for ensuring compliance with all accounting requirements and ensuring accurate financial reporting for the client.
- Plan, conduct, manage and coordinate research of technical accounting issues and reporting matters regarding technically complex transactions, new business initiatives, acquisitions, new products and new contracts
- Writing accounting policy memos and preparing executive level presentations documenting facts, applicable accounting policy guidance, and conclusions
- Ensure consistent application of existing accounting policies and manage the development of new policies and modification to existing policies by providing technical accounting research and supporting the implementation of new policies with business, finance, and external stakeholders
- Assist with structuring strategic transactions from an accounting perspective
- Actively participate in industry working groups involved in interpreting, analyzing and commenting on developments to accounting standards in the asset management industry
- Perform detailed assessment of new legal entities and reconsidering existing legal entities for consolidation assessment
- Performing reviews of contracts and other documents as requested to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting treatment
- Keep up to date with new accounting developments and oversee the implementation and adoption of new accounting standards
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders in addressing day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications and the preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K
- Interfacing with external auditors related to their annual audits and quarterly reviews of the financials
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise including experience with ASC 323, ASC 606, ASC 718, ASC 805, ASC 810, ASC 820, etc.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience and CPA
- Strong drive and initiative
- Collaborative and able to effectively liaise with various internal stakeholders, as well as able to work independently
- Able to quickly convert technical research, interpretation into practical solution
- A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability manage multiple initiatives at a time
- Ability to take on a task and run with it to conclusion
If interested, you may contact:
Tony Clariza | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.