DevOps Executive Director
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a DevOps Executive Director for our client in Houston, TX.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest banking and financial services firms. They are a major provider of investment banking, asset management, private banking, private wealth management and treasury & security services in the United States.
- Primary responsibilities in this lead role will be managing a team to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the applications and 24/7 availability of the systems through careful monitoring of production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and performing Permit to Operate on each application release.
- L2 Support Lead is responsible for day to day support of application/infrastructure and products including the production, environments.
- Works with the development and other support teams to provide design guidelines and imparts knowledge on technical trends and solutions.
- Instruments end to end monitoring of infrastructures to ensure high availability and timely alerting of potential issues.
- Ensure infrastructures have adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis.
- Develops and maintains system documentation, run-books and production metrics reporting.
- Also will work effectively within team to identify and resolve issues.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Additionally, responsible for application administration, resolving client issues, change management, documentation, installs/upgrades, coordinate outages with the customers, coordinate patching with server team and perform restarts.
- Manage 2nd Level support for in-house applications.
- Provide leadership and Off-Hours support, as needed, to resolve system problems during non-business hours or backlogs.
- Ensure the support team performs daily health checks of the applications, scripts, and infrastructure supporting these tools.
- Provide daily support in order to ensure customer satisfaction. Develop and maintain good relationships with lines of business. Ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
- Ensure timely Monitoring and Resolving of client tickets.
- Works with team to develop scripts to automate repeatable manual tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application or infrastructure issues. This requires detailed knowledge of multiple systems, as well as an in-depth understanding of the functionality for these systems.
- Technical expertise on multiple platforms is required.
- Participate and Manage Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes.
- Participate in audit support activities, as they pertain to Information Security, for both internal and external audits. Perform audit support tasks as assigned.
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical or business area
- Familiarity with implementation of DevOps.
- 10+ years of experience managing IT operations, software development, and projects
- 7+ years of experience in IT operations/Infrastructure support
- 7+ years of experience in formal incident and problem management
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience managing operations capability projects
- Onboarding new applications to support
- Tracking, evaluating, testing and deploying patches and hot fixes
- Responding to and resolve user reported incidents
- Monitoring server and system health, notifying other support teams as necessary to maintain system availability
- Adding, removing and monitoring jobs on the job scheduler
- Escalating Production issues to L3 Support
- Participating in infrastructure projects to improve the Production environment
- Participating in other business intelligence and IT solutions.
- Documenting system and process changes
- Making recommendations to user community and management for improvements
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work, is a plus but not required.
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at Charly@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.