Eclaro is looking for a DevOps Engineer for our client in RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Serve as a subject matter expert with DevOps Principles and Best Practices
- Support the Architects, Solution Leads, and Project Managers to implement the DevOps roadmap
- Identify opportunities for Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) improvements and reliability for the DevOps pipeline
- Advocate automation and seek areas for improvement
- Work closely with infrastructure and development teams to troubleshoot build and deployment issues
- Monitor toolchain performance and address bottlenecks
- Mentor others, advocate collaboration, skill development and learning new technologies
- Implementing security compliance, content deployment, account management, middleware and OS upgrades, security scans, backups, patching will be routine.
- Develop deployment pipeline and automated deployment processes whenever possible.
- Provide detailed trouble reports back to the development teams including automated methods to reproduce any defects.
- Work with the team to ensure automation and the highest level of determinism possible in the installation and configuration of new systems (software and hardware).
- Document automation and the interaction of software and system as necessary to enable in others.
- Maintain services post-deployment through data collection and monitoring ensuring overall health of the services provided.
- Participate in and support other teams with trouble issues when on call.
- Participate in retrospectives.
- Engage and encourage collaboration and a focus on issue resolution.
- Engage in meaningful planning to improve software, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 2 -5 + years' experience as Developer with Linux/Unix
- 2+ years' experience with applications running Docker/Red Hat Open Shift/Kubernetes/Docker Data center in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience with DVCS tools such as Git, GitHub
- 3+ years' experience with automation tools such as Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- 3+ years' experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Junit, Cucumber or equivalent
- 4+ years' scripting in Bash, Perl or equivalent
- 2-3+ years' experience maintaining CI/CD environments
- Familiar with Urban Code Deploy and plugins
- Familiar with Urban Code Release
- Hands on experience with CI/CD Monitoring tools, Splunk, ELK
- Agile Methodology and Design Thinking
- Knowledge of Package Management tools: rpm, pip, npm, etc.
- Experience in any Web/DB Performance tuning skills with max pool size, max threads, etc. also a commendable.
- Exposure to some Build, Dependency and Configuration Management Tools like Github, Jenkins, Travis, Maven, Ansible, Chef, SALT, Vagrant will be good to have.
- Experience and working understanding of a scripting languages like Python or Perl, with middle administration for HTTP Server, Tomcat, Liberty, and WordPress. (Admin Emphasis)
- Strong background in network engineering a plus.
- Hands-on data center operational experience a big plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work well within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jameese Halcon at Jameese.Halcon@eclaro.com or call (201) 283-9561 now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.