Job Number: 21-14675
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a DevOps Engineer for our client in Hamilton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the Client technology delivery stack along with production performance monitoring.
- General responsibilities include leading cloud enablement, containerization, infrastructure automation, security hardening, and deployment automation; orchestrating efforts to enable a continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline; providing guidance on system options as needed in strategic planning discussions; developing and building technology solutions designed to scale and align with the DevOps model; and collaborating with both software engineers and infrastructure team to manage code release.
- This role will focus on improving efficiency in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by integrating software development, testing, support and maintenance, and operations.
- Work closely with development teams to brainstorm, design, implement and support technical build and deployment solutions (CI/CD) using cloud technologies. (AWS cloud and Microsoft Stack developer environment).
- Strong experience with both Linux-based and Windows-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix/Windows administration, and AWS; with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Redshift, Redis, Mongo, DynamoDB.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and understand the Architecture designs, and responsibly implement the software systems into automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Responsible to take the ownership for their assigned tasks and work independently and deliver results in an iterative approach adhering to the sprint deadlines.
- Good understanding of SDLC frameworks; experience working in Agile environment, sprint refinements, sprint demo's and retrospectives participation.
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, sorts through complex issues, addresses root cause of issues, and demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of project goals.
- Expert in version controlling & CI tools including Github, Gitlabs-CI, AWS code build & code deploy, Jenkins/Teamcity etc.
- Hands on experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS/EKS/Fargate).
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Docker files and Helm Charts.
- Good working knowledge in setting up AWS cloud security, IAM, SSO, Federation, Cognito, MFA etc.
- Excellent knowledge in network concepts, VPC setup, subnets, DNS, R53, VPG, Load balancers, etc.
- Experience deploying and codifying applications designed on cloud native AWS services such as EKS, ECS, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, IAM.
- Strong experience in configuration management (e.g. Ansible, chef), and IAAC (Terraform, CF).
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale on AWS cloud.
- Experience in performance optimization and monitoring on AWS cloud.
- Experience in performing cloud assessments, TCO, Cost-Benefit analysis, AWS Budgets, Cost Explorer, and configuring AWS Organizations.
- Development of tools and other custom components necessary to support full-stack development's CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in migrating legacy platforms to modernize applications.
- Knowledge/Experience in building and deploying DDD, microservices, RestApi's, graphql & webhooks.
- Experience in application development using object-oriented programming languages and/or analyzing database code.
- 4-5+ years of experience in CI/CD, Devops, and AWS/Azure cloud platform.
- 7-8+ years of experience in SDLC specialized in Software development, Infrastructure development & Network engineering and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or in a related field.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.