DevOps Automation Engineer
DevOps Automation Engineer
Job Number: 20-01475
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a DevOps Automation Engineer for our client in Research Triangle Park NC. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The DevOps Automation Engineer will work from the RTP, North Carolina site location to support the cloud expert by implementing and automating deployment and integration pipelines for cloud services and applications for DevOps automation engineering services at a global level.
- Provide assistance to the cloud expert by automating CI/CD pipelines to improve specific R&D Informatics internal cloud applications
- Improve and fix the gaps to make cloud applications production ready
- Integrate DevSecOps "security” concepts into the project
- Interact with our cloud expert daily on progress
- Assist in on-premise and cloud operational activities
- Continuous documentation
- Continuous troubleshooting and problem solving is required
- Proven experience with GitLab pipeline automation and code management, CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Strong experience with (AWS) cloud using various automation tools. Familiarity with "DevSecOps” concept and ability to apply its methodology into the cloud design.
- Python coding expertise along with demonstrated understanding of "git” versioning.
- Demonstrated experience of "infrastructure as code” concepts as well as solid experience with Linux operating systems and (cloud) networking topologies.
- Flexible team player with strong ability to collaborate and engage with staff to develop new solutions. Eagerness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Above average communication skills are needed. Ability to adapt to change and provide collaborative input at all levels
- Coding skills using tools and programming/scripting languages including git, python, bash.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with CI/CD pipeline best practices.
- Above average Linux experience: aLinux, Red Hat or CentOS 6-8.
- Cloud environments experience: AWS (preferred) or Azure.
- Ticketing systems experience is required (i.e. JIRA)
- Understanding of basic network technologies, tools and services.
- Packer, terraform or similar skills (Software as Infrastructure)
- Understanding of Linux authentication methods such as LDAP.
- VMWARE: creating a virtual machine, changing properties, starting/stopping, making snapshots etc.
- Datacenter activities: rack/stack/cable etc.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Lester Candilado | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.