Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support AnalystWant to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Desktop Support Analyst for our client in Bronx, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for 1st and 2nd level Local Area Network support (LAN), as well as interfacing with Client's Application Development and Wide Area Network groups.
- Will operate in all of Client's various sites and environments, such as Headquarters Buildings, Power Plants, Substations, etc., to provide troubleshooting support, deployment of applications, infrastructure components, and workstations.
- The position requires good customer service skills, due to significant contact with our customers. They will work as part of a group that deploys, upgrades, and supports the workstations, applications, and associated LAN equipment.
- The group also works with Client's other technical groups to deploy and upgrade routers, switches, and new technologies as we incorporate them into our environment.
- This position involves heavy customer contact with all levels of employees.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- a minimum of 4 years’ experience is required
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (and Office 365) required.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft desktop systems (Windows 10 and as well as familiarity with legacy Windows OS') required.
- Excellent knowledge of local area networking, copper and fiber wiring, departmental concentrators and switches required.
- A general understanding of wireless technology and mobile computing devices.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required for customer interaction, problem description and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources
- Computer Analyst, responsible for 1st and 2nd level Local Area Network support (LAN); as well as interfacing with Client's Application Development and Wide Area Network groups.
- Operates in all of Client's various sites and environments, such as Headquarters Buildings, Power Plants, Substations, etc., providing support for deployment of applications and workstations.
- With some general guidance, provides on-site troubleshooting, problem diagnosis and resolution, and general support for the Corporate Infrastructure installed at all company locations.
- Will work with Client's other technical groups to deploy and upgrade routers, switches, servers, and new technologies as we incorporate them into our environment.
- The position requires good customer service skills, due to significant contact with our users.
- A Bachelor's degree related to Computer Science or Information Systems with a minimum of one-year experience, or a High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able and willing to travel throughout the Client service territory as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and be capable of bending and kneeling in order to install computer equipment in tight spots.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Contact Ivy Española at Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary