Job Number: 21-09584
Job Number: 21-09584
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Desktop Engineer for our client in Mountain View, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for engineering the desktop infrastructure and managing the desktop experience in a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment. Responsibilities include planning, designing, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, patching, updates, and other ongoing oversight of the organization's desktop environment.
- This position implements technologies that maximize service quality and effectiveness across Client.
- The Desktop Engineer has a broad technical understanding of organizational processes, technological offerings, and service capabilities.
- The Desktop Engineer champions transformative technologies that are both business and patient care centric.
- The Desktop Engineer consults and works with the Desktop Group Supervisor, Server Engineers, Network Engineers and Applications Analysts on large projects and complex issues and, in some cases, is the Project Manager responsible for the product deliverable.
- The Desktop Engineer is actively engaged in process definition, developing best practices, growing service capacity, and improving quality while adhering to all IS Division guidelines, policies and procedures, and directives. Responsible for the configuration and deployment of application packages, operating systems, compatibility testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Manage small to medium projects with significant impact. Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) years relevant desktop engineering work experience in Information Technology within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment
- Two (2) years successful experience at Client Hospital Desktop Engineer I level with demonstrated competence to perform at the Desktop Engineer II level
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field, or related relevant work experience
- Advanced experience with managing technical projects such as hardware and software deployments with significant impact
- Advanced experience working in and administering a virtual desktop environment
- Advanced knowledge of server functions such as file, print, and application services; as well as functional understanding of directories, shares, share rights, user accounts, user rights, and groups
- Advanced technical and customer service skills a must
- Two years (concurrent) proven ability to package and configure shrink-wrapped, home-grown, and compiled MSI applications for completely automated administrative deployments
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows and non-Windows operating systems, domain architecture, and interaction with the desktop environment
- Demonstrated experience in end-user device technologies, application integration and associated services, operating systems, and related utilities
- Ability to comprehend and modify network services and resources
- Demonstrated experience designing unattended package builds, processes, and imaging utilities
- Ability to evaluate software products and make recommendations based on business and patient care objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating system security, capabilities, vulnerabilities, and batch implementation methods
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments
- VB, Batch, WSH, and/or Rapport scripting knowledge and abilities
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to automate and design software systems
- Ability to create technical documents such as training manuals, release notes, product evaluations, and process diagrams
- Exceptionable knowledge of industry packaging standards and quality assurance processes
- Ability to build organizational partnerships with users and quickly and effectively solve their problems
- Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build organizational partnerships with others and be able to negotiate and build consensus
- Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks
- Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities
- Must be able to work varied shifts and/or additional hours
- Ability to read, writes, hears, and verbally communicates in English to the degree required to perform the job
- Database Administration specifically, experience running complex queries to generate reports for data analysis
- Successful completion of system certifications such as VMware, Citrix, complex Microsoft certifications, Linux certifications, etc. (Preferred)
- Successful completion of multiple courses from a recognized program in relevant computer fields is desirable
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.