Job Number: 19-05867
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a DBA for our client in Houston, TX.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsibility A: Controls database access.
- Consults with security team to set up use accounts and front-end software to access databases.
- Controls vendor access to databases.
- Responsibility B: Develops databases.
- Establishes and implements database schema.
- Conducts tests of database changes according to guidelines.
- Performs migration of databases between environments (development, testing and production) in accordance with change control procedures.
- Prepares documentation of database schema and all database changes.
- Responsibility C: Performs database installations, configurations and upgrades.
- Prepares documentation of configurations for all databases and database servers.
- Develops design of physical databases, including capacity planning, physical disk layout, etc. according to need and feasibility.
- Performs calculations of optimum database parameters.
- Determines the need for database upgrades.
- Implements and conducts tests of database upgrades according to guidelines.
- Serves as a leader for database upgrade and implementation.
- Performs installation of all database software according to guidelines.
- Responsibility D: Maintains and audits performance of databases.
- Audits database and server activity when specified.
- Audits database growth and add data/log space when specified.
- Performs database tuning (e.g., index design) according to guidelines.
- Maintains all databases by routinely performing database consistency checks, checking error log, and solving database performance related problems.
- Analyzes and administers corrections to database corruption problems using system troubleshooting techniques.
- Develops procedures for operators to monitor databases and database servers.
- Ensures minimal unscheduled downtime.
- Responsibility E: Conducts backup and restore of databases.
- Consults with system administrator to define strategy and procedures for database backups.
- Implements and conducts tests of database backup and restore procedures and strategy according to guidelines.
- Performs timely database and transaction log backups.
- Prepares documentation of all procedures.
- Provides appropriate training to operators to perform some backup tasks.
- Responsibility F: Performs disaster recovery.
- Consults with data security team and system administrator group to define strategy and procedures for disaster recovery of databases.
- Implements and conducts tests of disaster recovery procedures when necessary.
- Prepares documentation of database recovery procedures.
- Coordinates recovery of all databases.
- Knowledge of relational database design, SQL programming language, data modeling, performance and tuning, database configuration, planning and design, basic computer knowledge, understanding of multi-vendor database environment, and basic understanding of operating systems and network requirements.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, troubleshooting skills, and analytical skills, and the ability to apply techniques to new situations.
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field
- 3 years’ experience with database management systems and programming experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary