Job Number: 20-08092
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Database Administrator for our client in Kennesaw, GA.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Details of duties and percentage of time:
- 40% - Perform code migrations in a 3-tier database/application environment (including Oracle Portal, Oracle Database, and/or MSSQL Database) and troubleshoot/resolve application issues.
- 20% - Assist application developers in the effective use of database query and programming languages.
- 20% - Maintain the Oracle and MSSQL Database environments, including but not limited to: installation, upgrades, and patches to all databases/instances; ensuring proper security levels are maintained; tuning; cloning; and day-to-day maintenance to ensure a high level of reliability and stability.
- 10% - Serve as a resource on a variety of database integration issues, including migration between disparate databases, data conversion, capacity planning, and new application deployments.
- 5% - Maintain documentation including database backup & recovery, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams as well as any documentation to meet departmental and audit requirements.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for assigned Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and/or MySQL databases.
- Provides support for assigned enterprise Oracle Portal applications.
- Primarily Production with some Non-Production
- Creation of user accounts and assigning security access in Oracle Portal, Oracle Databases and/or MS-SQL Database
- Responds to database & user problems
- Monitors database error logs to ensure proper capacity & availability
- Install and configure database management systems and software.
- Monitor and maintain databases to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases to ensure data integrity.
- Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
- Provide design and configuration recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum education required - Bachelors
- Minimum experience required - 5 years
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Navarro | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.