Data Support Sr. Analyst
|Reference # :||18-03505||Title :||Data Support Sr. Analyst|
|Location :||Charlotte, NC|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||04/03/2018|
Eclaro International is currently recruiting for Data Support Sr. Analyst for one of our financial services clients.
This position is for a data analyst on the Finance Data Sourcing (FDS) team with-in Global Financial Control (GFC) - Finance Systems & Data Management (FSDM) organization. The FDS team drives change activities related to the central sourcing of instrument level data for data consumers across Finance such as Regulatory Reporting, Customer Profitability, Tax and FTP. This includes gathering and interpreting data requirements, research and analysis, business design, data mapping, partnering with technology to develop data sourcing solutions, and performing business testing. FDS is also responsible for supporting data sourcing production activities by developing, maintaining and executing data control processes including documentation, data validation and data consumer support. This position will be exposed to multiple data sources, Finance data consumers and Enterprise Data Management processes and will be aligned to a key strategic priority of the Enterprise to streamline and control data management processes.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Responsible for the more complex design and support management accounting systems. Examples include cost allocations, funds transfer pricing and equity capital allocation systems. Supports achievement of business goals by working on more complex activities or projects with others within the unit and with partners. Leads projects and coordinates resources. May provide supervision to a small staff. Can manage partner relationships.
• Partner with and lead associates, contractors and consultants located around the world in various functional groups from around the Enterprise (Finance, Accounting, Global Technology, Project management and LOB stakeholders) to implement data sourcing initiatives.
• Analyze & document data sourcing requirements for enterprise & local reports and/or processes according to EDM policies (e.g. lineage, controls, process mapping, etc.).
• Complete all required documentation during each phase of the implementation (for example: impact assessment, BRD, data flow design specifications, source to target mapping logic, test scenarios scripts & planning.
• Deliver solutions that meet all business requirements accurately and on time.
• Execute system data sourcing controls to support production processes including data analysis, issue research and resolution.
• Appropriately manage time commitments to handle multiple initiatives with competing priorities.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Finance, Information Systems Management & Technology, Computer Science etc.)
• 5+ years in Financial Services industry with knowledge of database structures, data sourcing, data warehousing finance and accounting concepts.
• Advanced SQL experience and understanding of relational databases.
• Advanced Microsoft Office suite software skills (Excel, Access, Word, SharePoint, One Note, Project)
• Significant experience in technology data/risk assessments and remediation efforts.
• Builds Partnerships - broad-based business relationships across the enterprise. Positively and skillfully influences peers, colleagues, leaders and business partners to collaborate and deliver consistent quality results.
• Strong organizational ability and extremely detail oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels (i.e. colleagues to senior management) and situations (i.e. one-on-one to presentations).
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience with Data Management, data warehousing and large data concepts and tools
• Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, Netezza, Hadoop, SAP eLedger, Rally, Visio, ETL tools and Data Management tools
• Knowledge of Global Technology, Enterprise Data Management & Enterprise Data Architecture programs, strategies and standards
• Finance/Regulatory Reporting Knowledge
• Banking Product Knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.