Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Data Scientist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This quantitative strategist position will drive application of machine learning and big data techniques across different areas of the Global Markets franchise (spanning Equity, Rates, Credit, FX and Commodity)
- The scope of work can include projects relating to sales, structuring or algorithmic trading desks, amongst others
- As a data strategist, we expect you to drive the transformation of our business to be data-driven, tech-savvy and AI-powered
- You will report within a Center of Excellence focusing on applying machine learning to front-office functionality
- Working on select projects, you will analyze structured/unstructured, external/internal data sets to derive insights to enhance revenue, propose solutions to mitigate risks/costs and create new products for our clients
- You will also interface with external clients and internal stakeholders to present your work and consult, as needed
- Develop and implement actionable intelligence using data across Global Market Businesses
- Extract value for our business out of our data
- Experience in application of machine learning and AI to questions related to the financial markets (within sales, systematic/algorithmic trading, structuring, security lending)
- Market knowledge and deep domain expertise around select front-office functionality is desirable
- Understanding of data analysis tools spanning statistics, machine learning, econometrics and signal processing is a must
- Experience with big data engineering tools (Hadoop/Spark, Kafka) is desirable
- Need strong programming skills in Python/R; experience in other languages (C++/Java) will be a substitute
- Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, C++ or Java
- Strong statistical / data analysis skills; other preferred skills include machine learning, optimization techniques, high performance numerical computing
- Great communication skills
- An ability to work well independently and in teams
- A commercial mind-set and an interest in financial markets and quantitative finance
- A strong academic background at undergraduate or, ideally, Masters/PhD level in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical background)
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.