JobDiva # 19-11806
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Data Scientist must have statistical and mathematics skills such as Bayesian probability inference, and a good understanding of relational algebra.
- The Senior Data Scientist will need to have a strong background in supervised learning techniques such as decisions trees, random forests and logistic regressions, and unsupervised learning such as clustering, and dimensionality reduction.
- The Senior Data Scientist will also need to have a foundation in Machine Learning, statistical modeling and optimization such as gradient descent and variants.
- The Senior Data Scientist will work alongside database developers Electrical Engineers and other IT professionals to understand the context of the project, to focus initially focusing on how to best establish an application architecture and subsequently recommending improvements that can support the application and database's scalability.
- Senior Data Scientist must have a strong background in scripting programming languages such as Python and Statistical computing packages such as R
- Must be familiar with open source platforms such as Hadoop, map reduce and Hive and Pig
- The Senior Data Scientist will work to test the application/DB components as per the test cases and ensure quality product with high system performance, reliability, and scalability.
- The Data Scientist will need the ability to tell a story with the Data, and engage with senior management, to translate the data insights into decisions and actions
- Must collaborate and guide the front end and backend application developers
- Understand business requirements and technical design and specifications and combine into cohesive strategy.
- Must be passionate about data, and have the communication skills to propose, defend, and demonstrate new ideas, solutions, and modifications.
- Provide support to production systems, troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis and implement fixes.
- Must have a professional and positive approach, be self motivated, and strong in building relationships, a true team-player
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Multiple Data Science Certifications And 10 years of relevant work experience
- Associate's Degree in Computer science or related technical field And 7 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related technical field And 5 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in developing with Python and SQL
- 5+ years of experience in the creation of parallel databases and parallel query processing
- 5+ years of experience working with REST APIs
- 5+ years of programming in R
- 3 - 5 years of experience in working with PANDAS and NumPy
- 3 - 5 years in PL/SQL, Oracle and/or SQL Server
- 3 -5 years in working on visualization tools such as Tableau or Flare
- 3- 5 years of working on configuration management/versioning tools
- Very strong on SQL Server Python, R.
- Strong working knowledge of integrating and creating cloud compatible database & transform\migrate existing on premise databases to cloud based platform
- Open Certified Data Scientist (Open CDS) Data Science Council of America (DASCA) Principle Data Scientist (PDS) Research and development, product development experience
- Experience developing commercially deployed software
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong collaborative workstyle, able to engage with other developers, QA team, and other stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met
- SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Microsoft MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL Database Administrator
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.