Duration: 3 months (can be an immediate temp to permanent)
Project Overview. The DGDQ Director position will develop, organize and coordinate all data programs in the organization. This individual will drive a fundamental transformation in the way in which CLIENT utilizes its enterprise data and delivers it as an information service. The job entails initially assembling a data governance function, and then working closely with technology and business stakeholders to fulfill their information needs. Data stewardship is the management and oversight of CLIENT's data assets to provide business users with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner. Over time, the Data Stewardship will be embedded in our business units and this job will be responsible for coordination and governance across the enterprise. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a matrix structure with relatively little initial guidance.
An ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines and experience levels to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal of the job is to ensure data assets are optimized to deliver Digital Utility and other business objectives.
The position requires a balance of strategic process thinking and "rolling up the sleeves? to resolve tactical issues. Candidates can challenge the status quo by demonstrating a willingness to re-invent current processes, and embrace change as a challenge.
Ideal candidates possess the ability to make recommendations and inspire change across multiple levels of the organization ? from individual engineers and program managers to business unit leaders. A "self-starter? approach to tackle a range of issues is essential.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop the Enterprise Data Governance organization and lead the team in realizing CLIENT's vision of data managed as an asset.
- Oversee development and champion awareness and adherence to an Enterprise Data Policy.
- Define Data Governance roles, accountability, and ownership and decision rights.
- Prepare communications and lead interactions with internal and external stakeholders, including auditors.
- Represents the Data Governance organization in executive management meetings.
- Support socialization of the data program across all executive levels; drive stakeholder alignment with business and technology; prepare and present data governance health status.
- Own and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data remediation efforts across the organization.
- Ensure that system implementations adhere to enterprise and data architecture standards. Remediate, and certify critical data elements across various systems to ensure consistency.
- Works with the business units to ensure data ownership and quality, and with cybersecurity to ensure data security.
- Responsible for defining a "single-source of truth? for a particular data entity.
- Prior experience in building a data governance function and running a data governance team, including setting up data stewards.
- Experience in successful cross organization data programs.
- Strong understanding of operational technology (OT) and industrial control systems, relevant technologies, and how they interact with each other and business applications.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with solution encompassing transactional processing, data warehousing and integration, master data management (MDM), business intelligence, reporting and analytics, extract, transform, load (ETL), data mining and unstructured data and metadata.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work with diverse personality types
- Superior presentation skills and ability to present ideas and material to partners in the organization
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to explain technical issues at a high level in collaborating with non-IT staff or executive leadership.
- Be results driven ? hold team members accountable, keep team engaged and on task by working collaboratively in a servant/leader manner.
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and constructively resolve differences and build consensus among partners.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus, but not required.
Monday through Friday, 7.5 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch