Data Governance Analyst
Data Governance Analyst
Job Number: 21-12997
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Data Governance Analyst for our client in Trenton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Data Governance and Data Management practices.
- The candidate will have responsibility for establishing and submitting for approval, data standards to provide guidance on data retention, representation, naming conventions, integrity, quality, and availability.
- They will publish approved data standards and ensure adherence to data standards within initiatives across the organization.
- They will partner with Business and IT Teams to align business data needs with IT data-related products and services. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional Standard initiatives with multiple teams to create a data standard to define the data attributes that represent an official record.
- Develop, document, publish, and implement data standards.
- Establish data standards for naming conventions related to front-end application data entry.
- Ensure the coherence of data standards within the data-related initiatives across the organization.
- Verify metadata is captured correctly and consistently in adherence with the established data standards.
- Provide guidance on streamlining data management to avoid unnecessary duplication and incompatibility in the collection, processing, and dissemination of data.
- Perform problem analysis for data-related issues, develop solutions to resolve data quality issues and work with Business and IT teams to resolve the issues.
- In partnership with the IT Data Governance team, define and document data quality rules that need to be implemented in IT systems.
- In alignment with established data standards, confirm controls are in place over applications to ensure data integrity by performing data integrity gap analyses.
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of common data dictionaries in support of both the established Data Standards and the organization's Information Governance Catalog.
- Create data flow diagrams to illustrate data lineage from initial data entry through to end-point publication.
- Relevant Work Experience: 5 to 8 years
- Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study or advanced degree
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.