Job Number: 21-05985
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Data Engineer for our client in Houston, TX.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide comprehensive data engineering support across major projects
- Continue development and deployment of proprietary tools through appropriate platforms
- Provide data engineering support for other select projects across the Technology organization, and support the Technology organization as a Functional Expert for the electronic workbook (EWB) system.
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in data engineering systems such as Hana, Hadoop, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with at least one statistical and data science programming languages (e.g. R or Python) is required.
- Familiarity with data visualization (e.g. ggplot, Shiny, Tableau) and deployment strategies (e.g. Azure Web Services, APIs, etc.) are required.
- Provide data acquisition and data integration support for major ongoing and future projects.
- Expand proprietary analytics tools and deploy on modern platforms.
- Incorporate corporate best practices and solutions for data structuring, cleaning, visualization, etc.
- Provide initial data cleaning and statistical analysis.
- Develop and maintain data storage solutions by applying data management fundamentals and knowledge of distributed systems.
- Manage the master data catalog and perform other system administration duties within the EWB environment.
- Deliver operational enhancements to EWB such as search tools, advanced templates and integrations with external data sources.
- Provide trouble-shooting assistance and recommendations to address functional challenges that arise during use of the platforms mentioned above.
- Identify and capture opportunities to train system users on advanced features of the platforms mentioned above.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a computer related field, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, the physical sciences
- 7 or more years relevant work experience in software development and data management solutions
- Able to understand the diverse business requirements and be able to translate those requirements into applicable solutions
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as R or Python
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, built processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- 10 or more years relevant work experience in software development
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences
- Ability to write clear proposals and technical documents
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.