Job Number: 20-00703
Are you ready to work in Big Data? Eclaro's client is looking for a Data Engineer for our client in Port Washington, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the top market research firms, and has provided market information and advisory services for over 50 years. Their practice relies on unique data assets and analytic solutions to support over 20 industries and market segments. If you're ready to impact the future of business, take a chance at this exciting opportunity!
- This position will be part of our dynamic and fast paced data and analytics team.
- You will be responsible for analyzing business requests and use cases using advanced business intelligence and analytics, testing new product ideas, translating into business and technical requirements, and working with.
- Gather requirements from Operations and Products to define data definitions, transformation logic, and data model logical and physical designs, data flow and process
- Design, develop, and test data processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices
- Perform data analysis on input and output data using the tools available, and solve any data related queries or issues
- Develop, test and automate metadata upload/download, data quality control applications, release procedures using various technologies available, including Spark, Python, Hive, SAS, and SQL
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data processes of moderate-to-large size and complexity
- Work closely with Quality Assurance, Operations and Production support group to devise the test plans, answer questions and solve any data or processing issues
- Document the data mapping, transformation logic and process flow for each development project
- Work closely with Operational users to solve any issues in the data
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- 3 - 5+ years of directly related and progressively responsible experience with Database technologies (such as Oracle, SQL*Server, MySQL, NoSQL database) and proficient in SQL and complex queries
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX platform and proficient in Shell programming
- 3+ years of experience with Hadoop eco-systems
- Experienced and In-depth programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Spark, Python, Java, SAS, or any ETL tool
- Experienced with JSON, JSON Schema or JSON-LD linked datasets
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- Experienced with formal software development life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strength in data analysis and detailed oriented
- Ability to influence others and operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree or above
- Prior experience with Azure
- Experience in application programming interface (API) or machine learning
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.