Data Center Operations Technicians
Datacenter Operations Technicians
Job Number: 19-06651
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Datacenter Operations Technicians for our client in Chandler, AZ.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Basic & advanced system administration functions for local and remote systems including user administration, automation, patch management, backup/restoration, capacity/log monitoring, clustering & replication
- Provision, configure, and maintain systems running current and past Windows Server Operating Systems
- Provide break-fix support and manage repairs of system/environment problems
- Provide Tier 2 support for Global Infrastructure teams, and manage escalations
- Document tasks, procedures, and resolutions for setting up, maintaining, and repairing systems
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, execute diagnostic tests on operating systems/hardware to detect problems
- Perform bare-metal and system and file backup and recovery
- Implement and enforce best practices and procedures across global platforms
- Work collaboratively with other application and technology groups
- Install/upgrade software and firmware in a highly available datacenter environment
- Run-and-maintain responsibilities for firmware/hardware support tasks, including hardware replacement, basic system troubleshooting, firmware patching, break/fix actions across QA, development &production environments
- Interact with external vendors in the resolution of hardware/firmware problems
- Effectively communicate with internal customers, help desk support personnel, and senior engineers
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to install, configure, update, maintain Microsoft Windows servers in a large, complex global environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot using standard Windows processes and tools.
- Familiarity with performance tuning and system optimization.
- Experience with Windows utilities
- Understanding of local/wide area networking concepts and protocols
- Strong problem solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in mission-critical operations, ideally within a 24x7 large-scale distributed and clustered environment
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation, and provide afterhours support as needed
- Experience with HPE and Dell server hardware, including rack mount and blade-style servers
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) as well as NFS, Fiber Channel, and iSCSI protocols
- Ability to lift 50lbs, and sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar related field
- Three or more years of experience in a datacenter environment
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience with Network Attached Storage solutions
- Experience in the semiconductor industry preferred
- Experience using enterprise backup solutions
- Experience with monitoring solutions and incident tracking tools
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.