Data Center Engineer
Data Center Engineer
Job Number: 19-06766
Job Number: 19-06766
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Data Center Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Help manage operational ownership of the data center infrastructure and its associated components and services (Wintel servers, Citrix, Linux, Storage, backups, etc.).
- Participate in management of our cloud operations in Azure.
- Participate in enterprise level projects from a data center and cloud perspective.
- Perform necessary analysis of the data center infrastructure and contribute to the design of the architecture, integration and installation of the DC infrastructure.
- Perform necessary analysis of the cloud infrastructure and contribute to the design of the architecture, integration and implementation.
- Storage design and administration
- Manage relationships and work with 3rd party vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ensure capacity planning is in place and reviewed on a regular basis with the Management.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments in order to understand and meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for all infrastructure environments, including data center, cloud, on premise, etc.
- Contribute to disaster recovery plans and initiates routine review and testing of DR plans where applicable.
- Participate in evaluation of 3rd party vendor proposals.
- Take proactive approach in provisioning extra capacity to meet needs or determines more analysis is required to determine types of usage.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Capacity planning
- Solution designing
- Project deployment and time management
- Strong knowledge of data center technologies (Wintel servers, Linux servers, Citrix, Storage, backups, etc)
- Implement, secure, scale and troubleshoot a global, multi-cloud cloud platform and products.
- Strong cloud operations experience in Azure.
- Stay current on technologies and best practice designs, proper implementations, high-performance optimizations, and self-service troubleshooting skills.
- As a team, create runbooks, process, policies and "Infrastructure as Code” recipes to build scalable, fault-tolerant, and resilient networks for product and operations teams.
- Accelerate the transformation from datacenter-centric design patterns to immutable, automated, highly-available and a zero-trust cloud-based infrastructure.
- With the team, design cloud-native privileged account management solutions in the cloud for key management, service account and secrets management, rotation and event response
- Implement and monitor the security controls and performance metrics of the cloud network layer, including resiliency checks and failure prediction.
- Previous participation in bug-hunting, pen tests, vulnerability assessments a plus
- Good working knowledge of networking a plus
- Willingness to be part of an on-call rotation when needed.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- Graduate/ IT Diploma with minimum of 5+ years of data center and cloud experience.
- Windows, Citrix, Linux, Azure
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary