Job Number: 19-08856
Job Number: 19-08856
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Data Architect for our client in Indianapolis, IN. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, specializing in digital transformations and collaboration with customers to manage their needs and achieve success. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Supports corporate data assets
- Designs, reviews and maintains data models
- Partners with Area Data Steward on data asset attributes and definitions.
- Follows established Data Architecture Framework and Guidelines for the design, development, management, storage, access, navigation, movement, transformation and quality of corporate data assets
- Performs the data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely and correctly, and represent them in a formal and visual way through the data models
- Creates semantically rich logical data models that define the Business data requirements and are independent of any technology solution (i.e. DBMS.)
- Manages the life cycle of the data model from requirements to design to implementation to maintenance
- Looks for opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication
- Encourages the Business to manage data as an asset
- Ensures the preservation of strategic data assets as applications and technologies come and go
- Requires an in-depth understanding of the Business data needs and the ability to align those business needs with the overall Enterprise data vision
- Evaluates the use of data to the goals and practices of the Business in a way that provides clear results
- Acts as a liaison, deducing the data needs of a particular project or group and explaining the importance and use of the data most relevant to them
- Helps ensure the accuracy and accessibility of all “important” data and is responsible for knowing what data is “important” and why
- Compiles and maintains the schema definition for physical data models
- Reviews all physical data models with data management committee before implementation
- Assists the ETL developers to help ensure that the Business data rules are implemented correctly and clarifies issues as they arise
- 5+ years of experience data modeling data solutions including but not limited to : ODS, Data Warehouse, Data Integration Hub, OLTP/OLAP, or equivalent knowledge
- Core competency in: Relational DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), Data modeling - ER Studio, CA Erwin or similar Entity Relationship tool
- Competent level of understanding of SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, Stored Procedures, and API's of assigned modules
- Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into backend structures
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary