Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Eclaro is looking for a Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer for our client in Herndon, VA.
Position Overview: The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the client corporate IT environment. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with client CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. The ideal candidate will possess experience in both of the following areas: cloud security and network security. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
- Experience with Network DLP, Host Based DLP and Cloud DLP (CASB) products
- Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
- Participate in pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
- Architect and design network DLP systems both individually and collaboratively
- Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
- Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, processes, tools and solution components
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (the client, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, FireEye, Client, Microsoft, etc.)
- At least 3 years of prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, etc)
- Applied direct experience with TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols (e.g. ssh, syslog, tls, etc...) and network design principles
- Applied direct experience with Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows) and Windows Services (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, etc)
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with Network Security tools from vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Cisco, Symantec, McAfee and other major network security vendors
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environments
- Experience using Agile within project or development teams
- 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting security services and data protection
- 3+ years of Data Loss Preventions or other rule-based security applications
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (the client, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, Check Point etc.)
- At least 5 years of prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Tap technologies, etc)
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: cloud security, security automation/orchestration, mobile device security, application security, security operations
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience using shell scripting for automating tasks (Bash and PowerShell)
- At least 2 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environment
- Certifications: SANS GIAC ( e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), Security +, CEH, CCNA, CCSK
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jessica Panogalinga at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.