Cybersecurity Operations Analyst
Cybersecurity Operations Analyst
Eclaro is looking for a Cybersecurity Operations Analyst for our client in Herndon, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Cybersecurity Operations Analyst (DLP) will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the Client corporate IT environment
- Provide in-depth cybersecurity analysis, and trending of log, event data, and alerts from diverse Data Protection tools and applications within the enterprise to identify and troubleshoot specific cybersecurity incidents and make sound recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Conduct security tool/applicatiFon (for example, Elastic Stack) tuning engagements with analysts and engineers to develop/adjust rules and analyst response procedures and reduce false-positives from alerting
- Utilize advanced background and experience in information technology and incident response handling to scrutinize escalated cybersecurity events from tier 1 analysts— distinguishing these events from benign activities and escalating confirmed incidents to the incident response lead
- Recognize, create and ingest indicators of compromise (IOC's) for attacker tools, tactics, and procedures into data protection tools/applications (for example, Elastic Stack, CASB, and other DLP tools) to protect the Client
- Provide technical analytical guidance to, and quality-proofing of tier 1 analysts analytical advisories and assessments prior to release from SOC
- Coordinate with and provide expert technical support to enterprise-wide technicians and staff to resolve confirmed incidents
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident handling process
- Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance and resolve problems independently
- Coordinate escalations and collaborate with internal technology teams to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Five years of hands-on operational experience as a cybersecurity analyst/engineer in a security operations center, or equivalent knowledge in areas such as;
- Cybersecurity operations
- Incident analysis and handling
- Vulnerability management
- Log analysis
- Intrusion detection
- In-depth hands-on experience analyzing and responding to security events and incidents with a majority of the following technologies and/or techniques; leading security information and event management technologies, network- and host- based DLP, email and CASB data leak protection (dlp), web content filtering, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, communication and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity attack methodology to include tactics and techniques, and associated countermeasures
- Previous experience leading a SOC team unit responsible for analysis and correlation of cybersecurity event data
- Skilled in understanding, recognizing, and detecting cybersecurity exploits, vulnerabilities, and intrusions in host and network-based systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
- Experience with review of raw log files, and data correlation of data protection and application logs
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Protection services
- Understanding of Elastic
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jessica Panogalinga at Jessica.Panogalinga@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary