Job Number: 21-05495
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Under the general guidance of the IT Architect or Systems Manager, the candidate will be responsible for evaluating and implementing new technologies, analyzing infrastructure and software designs and implementations, and identify and resolve potential issues to help enhance and secure a large enterprise network.
- The position requires a broad foundation of IT architectural experience with an understanding of current PaaS and SaaS technologies. Familiarity with Internet facing technologies, server/storage technologies, cloud services and hybrid cloud integration is a must.
- The candidate will be responsible for designing complex and innovative solutions addressing vulnerability detection, threat and risk analysis, network intrusion, securing technology assets across the application, infrastructure, cloud and data tiers and development/implementation of vulnerability mitigation strategies.
- This is a hands-on team member who actively works with various teams including security, infrastructure and development teams to improve our overall security standards. This position is expected to be the last level of technical escalation within the company for the assigned responsibilities.
- Guides engineering teams and makes informed security decisions on the design of infrastructure, systems and applications
- Works with tech leads and teams to ensure security is built into app development, network infrastructure and cloud systems. Work with necessary Information Technology groups to satisfy specific technology related issues. Act as an Information Security liaison between the customers and all groups in Information Technology
- Implements industry leading practices around cyber risks and Cloud security and perform security assessments of cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST
- Designs and develops security policies, standards and procedures e.g. firewall management, SSL/IPSec, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection (DLP, encryption), user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management.
- Identifies software weaknesses that could lead to exploitable vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, buffer overflows, use of hard-coded passwords, weak encryption, sensitive data.
- Seasoned professional with detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation. Can advise on architecture decisions at technical and product level.
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Experience designing the secure deployment and monitoring of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services (e.g., AWS or Microsoft Azure).
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving security problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Support various systems and become SME for them
- Respond swiftly to all alerts; performing initial risk/impact assessments or escalating issues as appropriate
- Follow change management controls and guidelines
- Support operating organizations during corporate emergencies. Participate in the Company's emergency management processes, cyber security and storm plans
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- 3-5 years thorough understanding of communication protocols and security standards.
- Must be comfortable and skilled at driving information security processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies.
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements.
- 3-5 years’ strong understanding of cyber security principles.
- 3-5 years’ experience designing, developing, implementing secure architectures and/or processes.
- 2 years Threat management, Risk management and/or, Compliance
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard designs
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices such as cloud computing
- Must be experienced with Splunk and Phantom
- Technical certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Cloud Certified Professional, Microsoft Cloud Certifications, CISSP, CISM, CIPP, etc.) are preferred but not mandatory. Experience in Agile Development, with specific Security Architect (or similar) experience preferred. Knowledge of security tools, python, scripting is preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.