Corporate Technology Application Development Manager
|Reference # :||17-03727||Title :||Corporate Technology Application Development Manager|
|Location :||Newark, DE|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||04/17/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Corporate Technology Application Development Manager for one of our financial services clients.|
The senior software engineer lead is responsible for design and development of core platform that enables the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery and Analytics group, leveraging emerging big data technologies. The individual is a subject matter expert technologist with strong Java and Hadoop experience and very knowledgeable with utilization and integration of Open Source software. The individual has deep understanding and application of enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware. This is a have been there, done that technologist who thrives on driving efforts to completion while utilizing best in breed technologies and methodologies. The individual should also function as a Solution Architect, must be a visionary, and execution driven. The individual must have successful experience in Big Data implementations for large data integration initiatives.
Day-to-day activities will vary widely based on the state of the organization's priorities and needs at that point in time. As such, this individual must be comfortable with flexibility in their role. They must be able to operate in a relaxed, yet confident manner, without explicit hierarchy and structure governing work. An affinity towards, and appreciation of, an influence-based and entrepreneurial culture is critical for success.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Component Software Design & Development.
• Ensuring excellent practices are utilized in delivering Big Data Management and Integration Solutions.
• Ensuring design decisions can be actioned by the development team.
• Participating in agile development projects for Retail Finance and Risk application data sourcing strategy and implementation.
• Acting as a role model for all best practices, ensuring consistency across entire team.
• Mentoring technical development team on optimal utilization of Big Data solutions and Apache Open Source Software.
• Helping build a great team.
• Leveraging new and emerging practices for Enterprise Data Architecture.
• Engage in enterprise-level systems component design and implementation.
• Systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors.
• Integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions.
• Write and maintain reference architectures and systems design 'best practices' guidelines.
• Leading, mentoring, and coaching a team of software developers.
• Working with business and peers to define, estimate, and deliver functionality.
• Lead up, design, and deliver major platform components
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
• Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation.
• 10+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
• 10+ years' experience with Java and Java Script related UI development such as JQuery or AngularJS
• 3+ years' experience with Hadoop ecosystem technology stacks as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, MapReduce, Cloudera etc.
• Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment.
• Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
• BS in Computer Science or similar technical Bachelors
• Preparing test plans and performing system testing
• Experience with TDD utilizing test data, jUnit and Mockito
• Experience with JSON, XML, XSD and JAXB
• Experience with Change Management and Incident Management process
• Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, JIRA, Client AML, Control M or equivalent tools
• Ability to work independent as well as in a team environment
• Able to take the challenges of new technology and provide a production worthy output
• Working knowledge of at least a few of the common frameworks like Spring, Apache, Hibernate (or similar ORM tools), Jersey
Be a self-starter and be able to reach out to various groups to get the requirements to completion