Corporate Accountant AP&Tax
Corporate Accountant AP & Tax
Job Number: 20-06091
Job Number: 20-06091
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Corporate Accountant AP & Tax for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the world's largest reinsurance firms, providing Property & Casualty, Life and Health Insurance to its clients. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Supporting various general accounting functions associated with financial reporting.
- The focus being on Accounts payable, Tax & Adhoc filings
- Understanding general accounting principles and practices
- Utilize the full functionality of the SAP General Ledger and its Accounts Payable subsystems (P2P, Ariba, Concur)
- Backup the Accounts payable team which involves daily processing of payment proposals, verifying invoices and compilation of data supporting the process
- Assist Tax Manager with the preparation of various tax filings and preparation of payment requisitions to state and municipalities
- Prepare and maintain clean balance sheet reconciliations and assist in clearing daily bank activity
- Maintain & create vendors in SAP, this requires communicating with various personnel within the organization to acquire relevant data to support 1099 Filings
- Work with accounting team to identify & file with States Unclaimed Property, Uncashed or Unpresented Checks
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining departmental policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining a high level of internal controls preserving clean audit opinions and tri-annual state examination
- Working knowledge of a major GL systems, preferably SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word, & Power point
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems & highly organized
- 2+ years of accounting experience preferably in P&C Insurance Industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
May Cabacoy | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.