Job Number: 21-14293
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Copy Editor for our client remotely.
Eclaro’s client is an industry-leading managed service provider that works with multinational hospitality clients to enable an integrated approach to analyze and manage external talent on a global basis. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Proofreading all copy documents to ensure all copy is free of errors, is concise, consistent, is grammatically and factually correct and adheres to Client brand standards and guidelines.
- Reviewing all creative collateral and comparing copy documents to artwork to guarantee consistency
- Ensuring creative and copy follows creative brief and all materials are created to spec
- Validate requirements by cross-referencing artwork against documents and input from approval workflows
- Editing and rewrite copy to match the asset requirements/word counts while maintaining the style and voice of the writer and the brand
- Fine-tuning structure, tone and voice, ensuring clarity, coherence and logical flow and consistency in words, typography, art and style while making sure collateral is suited for the intended audience
- Standardizing the copy aspect of the creative Quality Assurance process to ensure consistency across collateral
- Establishing standards and styles where they do not already exist (such as regulating the use of hyphens/dashes, capitalization, commas, etc.)
- Creating, maintaining and regularly updating a set of Quality Assurance guidelines, including all necessary/frequent copy quirks
- Have an excellent eye for detail and fluid command of English language and grammar
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, a positive, self-starter attitude and collaborative personality
- Ability to work on multiple campaigns for various internal brand clients at once, often in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to inspire and sell creative rationale to senior management, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to reformat unstructured information into clear messaging.
- High attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Familiarity collaborating with designers and developers.
- Understanding of creative production processes.
- Staying up to date with popular culture and trends
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience with ability to accept criticism of your work
- Market awareness with the ability to understand the target audiences
- Collaboration, with ability to work in partnership with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Ability to form strong working relationships quickly
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional editorial experience, preferably in a design firm, advertising or in-house creative department in a role focused on customer-facing marketing communications
- Fluid command of English language and grammar
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proofreading/editing/copy editing skills with high attention to spelling, grammar usage, formatting, style, detail and accuracy
- Excellent research skills
- Advanced understanding of editorial principles and proofreading
- Must be able to adhere to style guides and uphold brand identity
- Write excellent, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Comfort working on a range of projects from short-form (like headlines) to longer-form (like brand positioning)
- Familiarity with digital proofreading tools and branded content
- Have an interest in popular culture, new trends and styles
- Experience working at a creative agency
- Experience in hospitality or consumer brands
- 7+ years of copyediting and copywriting (writing and editing samples required)
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication, Journalism or relative field
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.