Job Number: 19-06779
Job Number: 19-06779
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a/an COO Risk for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Assist in the execution of internal control discipline and operational excellence within a LOB or ECF.
- Execute LOB/ECF specific processes and tools to drive adherence to enterprise-wide Standards.
- Support the implementation of QA/QC processes within the LOB/ECF through ongoing monitoring and testing of controls.
- Identify issues and/or control improvements for remediation, whilst assisting in building out actions plans and milestones.
- Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture.
- Develop and direct staff. Incumbents typically have over 8+ years of risk management and LOB/ECF experience.
- This role will oversee all technology risk & control activities for the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of GBAM Tech / ERF Tech; including risk self-identification, risk and control assessment, risk indicators and metrics, issues management lifecycle (identify, open, manage, close), audit and exam activities, and policy related compliance activities.
- Assess, challenge and debate control performance with SLT / process owners and second and third line of defense partners
- Ensure compliance with standards for risk management, identification, response and remediation
- Escalate control gaps and issues as needed.
- Provide framework for managing and governing risk and control activities
- Risk management execution across GBAM Tech / Enterprise Risk & Finance Tech; including building a sustainable risk culture and program within GBAMT/ERFT, managing metrics and providing transparency, leading GBAMT/ERFT participation into risk activities
- Manage cross functional operational risk programs and projects by driving communication and coordination across multiple divisions to ensure the timely completion of objectives and the seamless execution of plans. Lead and/or coordinate special projects and programs
- Strong ability to analyze data to identify thematic issues / areas requiring improvement
- Identify opportunities for enhancing or streamlining execution of risk management processes; partner across multiple divisions to execute
- Foster the Identify, Escalate, Debate risk culture
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills; proven experience in communicating to senior leadership
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent MS-Office skills (including PowerPoint (for presentations) and Excel (for manipulating large amounts of data)
- Minimum 5-8 years technology risk and control experience required
- Prior Audit experience strongly preferred. CISA or other similar industry certification strongly preferred
- Markets technology or Corp Investment technology background strongly preferred
Merly Villanueva | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.