COO Private Equity Finance Role
COO Private Equity Finance Role
Job Number: 21-12407
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for a COO Private Equity Finance Role for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wide slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The successful candidate for the COO role will join a team of over 100 professionals supporting the firm's Credit Finance function.
- The role will provide support to the Credit business and work directly with the function's leadership which all partner with a diverse set of businesses across Credit, Private Equity & Real Assets.
- In this role, the candidate will be heavily involved in developing and managing a broad range of priorities alongside key stakeholders and will regularly have exposure to senior management.
- The COO will have exposure to senior leadership and will have room to grow within the organization.
- As a COO/Business Manager on the PE Finance team, you will manage multiple responsibilities across the team including:
- Business Strategy & Execution: Support Business Leaders in all aspects of business growth/change. Primarily this will include projects and changes within Credit Finance and also driving change and participating in cross functional initiatives, In this change agent role the successful candidate will be able to speak on behalf of Credit Finance and its senior leaders. Depending on the initiative they will be supported within their team as well as via close work with controllers across various desks and the senior leaders of the group. The role includes ensuring that the Business group has suitable resources to complete project (ie people, access, capacity)
- Project Management: Responsible for establishing governance routines to control team's complex processes, reporting and initiatives. Help create a multi-year roadmap for the team's operational capabilities and strategic priorities. Includes
- Coordination across Enterprise Solutions: Serve as a liaison between all coverage teams to ensure ongoing communication on behalf of the business. Represent the functional group in project strategy and implementation discussions- be the 'first line' for PE Controllers, Performance and Centralized Reporting in terms of representing our group in terms of needs, responses, etc.. Assist with clearing up functional roadblocks, working on change projects, and collaborating with technology where needed.
- Ongoing Business Reviews & Reporting: Contribute to recurring business reviews to update senior leadership on all key initiatives including growth strategy, data quality, financials/reporting, and controls.
- Special Projects: Execute on ad-hoc requests from senior leaders; examples include preparing communications, reporting, and project timelines.
- Bringing Structure to Group Activities: While it is only a smaller portion of the responsibilities, the role will include basic aspects of assisting in the administration of the group. This includes important things like operating committee agendas, training program, budget and hiring management.
- 13+ years of relevant experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, asset manager, or in a corporate strategy role with a focus on financial reporting process improvements and project management
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications.
- A collaborative thinker who can also work independently, multitask and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint. Proficient use of Microstrategy, Power BI, Anaplan or Altreryx is plus.
- A change cultivator, with a strong technology background and a focus on automation and process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.