Controls and Middle Office Technology Manager
|Reference # :||17-01620||Title :||Controls and Middle Office Technology Manager|
|Location :||New Jersey, NJ|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/21/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Controls and Middle Office Technology Manager for one of our financial services clients.|
With more than 350 developers globally, Controls and Middle Office Technology (CMOT) is a growing department within the Global Markets Technology division at Client who are responsible for building and supporting market-leading solutions that provide Financial Management, Regulatory Reporting, and Control capabilities that enable the Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) business and Support Partners (i.e. Operations, Middle Office, and Finance) a platform for responsible growth. CMOT delivers solutions that reduce operational risk through automation and facilitate the creation of accurate and effective financial and regulatory reporting.
Within CMOT, we operate in a very dynamic and fast-paced global business environment. As such, we value versatility, creativity, and innovation provided through individual contributors and teams that come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe in an Agile SDLC environment with a strong focus on technical excellence and continuous process improvement. Technologies leveraged across the department include Python, Java, C# .NET, AngularJS, Oracle, SQL Server and other BI/Big Data technologies.
Roles / Responsibilities:
The CMOT department has a need for a senior-level technology manager with a primary focus to build and lead a team of technologists responsible for supporting the NY-based GBAM Finance organization. This Sr. level technology manager will be expected to build strong relationships with their respective business partners and to collaborate on multi-year roadmap planning and execution that frames a clear vision of how technology can enable responsible growth through automation and core capabilities. As a Sr. level technology manager, qualified candidates are expected to coach and mentor a team of technologists fostering a strong culture of technical excellence that leverages best practices for architectural design, software programming, and overall SDLC process improvements.
Specific responsibilities would include:
• Providing technical leadership on architectural and application design to meet current and future stakeholder needs.
• Coaching and mentoring a team of technologist (10-20) to continuously improve on the team's skills, knowledge, and practices.
• Working with business partners on developing, refining, and executing on a multi-year roadmap supporting various functions within the Global Markets Finance organization.
• Developing and deploying large business critical solutions aligned to the multi-year roadmap.
• Managing budget, monitoring program progress and adjusting resource/priorities to successfully deliver against stakeholder objectives.
Required Education, Skills, Experience:
• As a "hands on” technical leader, expertise in a variety of technologies is essential. Ideally, candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in a variety of technologies including:
o Object-orientated (OO) programming languages (e.g. C#, Java) and OO design principles.
o Multi-channel content delivery (i.e. Web/AngularJS, Mobility for iPad/iPhone, etc).
o Relational databases (i.e. MS SQL, Oracle, or Sybase).
o Business Intelligence Tools (i.e. Essbase, Oracle, Microstrategy, Tableau, etc).
o Big Data Solutions (ExaData, Big Data SQL, Hadoop, etc).
• 10+ year track record for:
o Leading technical teams - providing coaching, guidance and support to team members.
o Working with stakeholders to influence business strategy through the use of technology.
o Interacting and influencing various levels of management, clients, and technical team members.
o Successful delivery of complex change across multiple business functions
o Successful delivery of data-centric multi-tiered technology solutions.
• Well versed in Agile and Lean SDLC best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong relationship management and networking skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or related.
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
• Proven ability to operate within the global environment interfacing across multiple locations and time zones.
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Risk, Finance and/or Investment Banking environment.
• M.S. in Computer Science or related
• What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
• Controls and Middle Office Technology (CMOT) is a growing department within the Global Markets Technology division at Client who are responsible for building and supporting market-leading solutions that provide Financial Management, Regulatory Reporting, and Control capabilities that enable the Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) business and Support Partners (i.e. Operations, Middle Office, and Finance) a platform for responsible growth. CMOT delivers solutions that reduce operational risk through automation and facilitate the creation of accurate and effective financial and regulatory reporting.