Job Number: 21-05314
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Construction Specialist for our client in Astoria, Queens, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide construction observation of all work performed per contract documents; review and approve construction inspection and monitoring check-off lists to ensure that work performed is in accordance with the contract specifications and applicable codes.
- Prepare daily construction reports documenting progress. Recommend corrective courses of action to the Resident Construction Manager when progress is not in accordance with plan.
- Run weekly construction meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain a project risk register.
- Review and comment on bid packages prepared by Client Engineering and or Architect-Engineers to ensure design adequacy and constructability.
- Review and make recommendations to the Resident Construction Manager on all payment items, including partial payments (contractor invoices), change orders and claim issues.
- Prepare extra work documentation in the form of Additional Work Request's for approval by the Resident Construction Manager.
- Provide assistance during the Client/Contractor estimate negotiation process.
- Implement and comply with Configuration Management Policy and Construction Inspection/ Monitoring Program (CI/MP) on all assigned projects. Modify the CI/MP inspection forms accordingly for each project as deemed necessary. These are checklists consistent with industry standards for planned work and will be provided.
- Regularly attend the contractor's safety toolbox meetings
- Participate as appropriate in daily contractor coordination meetings; identify schedule conflicts and bring them to the Resident Construction Manager's attention well in advance of causing impacts to other work.
- Core knowledge of construction techniques, construction management, and basic contract administration.
- Basic knowledge to be able to inspect in-progress construction work to ensure compliance with the contract documents, specifications, permits, and drawings.
- General knowledge of industry-wide practices and safety regulations.
- Current on changes and advancements in the industry and develop industry-wide expertise.
- Understand the various laws and regulations and how they affect Client and construction activities.
- General understanding of the typical skills that are associated with a PMI Project Management Professional
- Ability to interface and coordinate work daily with other Client divisions and external organizations.
- Good negotiation skills with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to view tasks logically, break them down into essential requirements, and generate a solution to meet the project goals.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Pam Saba | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.