Computer Services Consultant
Computer Services Consultant
Job Number: 21-08255
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Computer Services Consultant for our client in Niskayuna, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Computer Service offers system administration of Windows, UNIX, and Macintosh operating system platforms and the associated hardware platforms and virtual environments on which they are installed.
- This includes designing, building, ordering and deploying the servers to meet the customer needs, whether it is a virtual or physical solution.
- Follow all ITIL processes and policies relating to Request for Service, Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management (including Root Cause Analysis-RCA).
- Maintain accurate and up to date records in the CMDB, performing bi-annual audits to ensure accuracy
- May be required to work on DT or Lab related projects and will be accountable for tracking and reporting their time spent on such. Status updates will be given to the service owner and project leader
- Computer operational support and system administrative services will include:
- Script and automate tasks to reduce repetitive work.
- Create and update server OS installation processes; create and maintain installation images
- Execute standard test plans, testing architecture, operating systems and hypervisors
- Support, configure and deploy virtual systems
- Support centralized log aggregation and analysis
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain DNS, SMTP, SNMP, NIS, Quest/Dell Tools, DHCP, NTP, and any new protocol implemented by the Customer
- Software package maintenance and installations of Customer approved OS's
- Provide operational support for file systems and mount tables
- Provide quarterly reports on the Operating Systems under warranty or support contract and identify systems in operation without a support option
- Deploy, maintain, and operate antivirus and security patch deployment technology in accordance with our customer guidelines
- Provide group and account maintenance, security configurations, and system configurations
- Coordinate with hardware and software vendors for software and hardware troubleshooting and replacement
- Performance tuning of the Hardware, Virtual environments, and operating systems (kernel parameters) as required for application installation or operations
- Provide System Administration as needed to support application install and operations: service account creation, mounting file systems, batch, cron, scheduled task creation and maintenance
- Perform administration necessary to provide data for utilization metrics and reports, Server Room and Rack Setup, Configuration and Operations
- Interface with Computer Room Operations support team or Facilities as needed for installation and operations Virtualization and Operating Systems:
- Hypervisor and Virtualization software installation, configurations and operations
- OS installation, configuration, and operations
- System configuration to meet our customer information technology standards
- Deployment of system and security patches and updates, including managing the patching platform for servers
- Lead system and server decommission process as directed by Customer
- Install and Maintain Virtual environment and Operating System monitoring and alerting systems
- Utilize Customer provided Configuration Management tool to maintain inventory of systems
- Maintain inventory of our customer server and networking hardware parts. Identify any areas of risk due to insufficient spares.
- Provide quarterly reports on the hardware currently under warranty or support contract and identify systems in operations without a hardware support option.
- Provide monthly report on devices approaching hardware warranty expiration
- Interact with Customer and Vendors for hardware delivery, installation, and replacement
- Implement firmware upgrades based on recommendations by the Customer
- Execute decommission process as defined by the Customer
- Execute Data destruction and, hardware disposal based on DT Risk and Security team's guidelines
- Execute final disposition process as directed by the Customer
- Perform hardware and software monitoring using tools/software as directed by Customer
- Initiate vendor hardware ticket dispatch as needed. Coordinate and lead onsite vendor support work as needed
- Specific Application support services:
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain:
- Authentication systems: PingID, TACACS, Quest/Dell Tools, PKI, MFA (smart cards, Yubikeys, software-based), shared account password tools, SSO integrations (SAML and OIDC)
- Automount and NFS
- Antivirus software and tools
- Customer provided Inventory systems
- Server Automations tools: Client Server Automation, custom shell and Perl scripts, Chef/Jenkins and Windows Remote installs
- Maintain internal systems used for patching: Windows Server Update Services, Linux and UNIX package management environments
- Install, maintain, and operate system monitoring and alerting tools: Client SIM, VMWare Virtual Center, VM Capacity Manager, Nagios
- Gather and report as requested; capacity and availability metrics as determined by Service Owner
- Participate in infrastructure projects implementation at the direction of the Customer
- Host regular meetings with service leaders to report progress on tasks and making sure their tasks are in line with service leader's goals and priorities
- Assist with data collection for security operations as directed by Customer
- Respond to and work with Security Incident Responder during identified security incidents
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Linux/UNIX, and platforms in an enterprise environment
- Advanced diagnostic and fault resolution techniques
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory including permissions and GPO management
- Working knowledge of common software deployment methods (e.g. WSUS, Foreman, Jenkins, configuration management).
- Expert knowledge of hardware platforms and architectures
- Knowledge of advanced Networking configurations: LACP, 802.1q trunking multicasts
- Working knowledge of common scripting environments including vbscript, perl, wmi, adsi, powershell, bourne shell, python, and batch command files
- Expert knowledge of virtualization solutions and techniques
- Experience in maintaining an enterprise environment with mixed operating systems
- Working knowledge of NTFS, shares, and registry permissions and Windows Access Control Lists
- Experience maintaining foundational enterprise network services including DNS, DHCP, WINS, and NTP
- Working knowledge of remote access methods on systems (including RDP, ssh, remote console, serial connections and terminal servers)
- Knowledge of implementing and maintaining containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)